R28 Limited is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Estimating and Cost Control Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
- Leading and managing the development of effective and profitable construction solutions for strategic bids, projects and partnering opportunities with new target organisations and existing strategic /major clients.
- Performs cost and risk estimating, analysis, and control activities.
- Supports project organizational and administrative activities when delegated
- Lead, manage the workload and allocation of Cost Management resource within assigned bid teams
- Lead the Estimating team, including managing the workload and allocation of estimating resource within assigned bid teams. Undertake the role of Estimator on projects, where required
- Analyse enquiry contents, extracting commercial requirements and advising all interested/participating departments of the requirements.
- Review client’s drawings and specifications to prepare accurate costing sheets for materials, labour and equipment
- Ensure compliance with company procedures, including pre-construction gate process
- Review tender documents and submission requirements, ensuring all financial information is identified and provided
- Finalise estimates and prepare tender submission, including all qualifications, considerations and supporting documentation.
- Interpret the “scope of work” and where necessary formulate and place sub-contract enquiries and appraise subsequent responses
- Manage and coordinate the preparation of preliminary and general expense pricing, including plant schedules and risk assessment
- Prepare tender negotiation papers and carry out any belated adjustments as a result of tender negotiations
- Provide bills of allowances as part of the commercial handover meeting
- Responsibility for ‘sign off’ of all cost elements prior to any gate meetings or financial submissions
- Participate in the selection of suitable sub-contractors and specialists for each project
- Ensure that key specialists are utilised on each bid to optimise design, specification, programme and value
- Manage the production of cost information and tender submissions for senior management
- Provide considered responses to client questions including post tender queries
- Ensure that the project commercial team have received an effective handover of bid documentation. Carry out a review of resultant “contract document”, attend post tender meetings, arrange/attend kick-off meetings internally or with clients as necessary and deal with post contract queries.
- Manage client contact, present tender proposals to clients and contribute to client meetings during the tender process
- Seek to understand, lead the development of and implement the appropriate digital toolsets to execute cost takeoff and other estimating activities, such as 5D cost planning
- Attend or carry out periodic Tender Health Checks and formal risk reviews to ensure that the identified risks are mitigated as far as possible in tender submissions
- Ensure that cost planning and estimating are accurate and reflect the project requirements and risk profile
- Provide mentoring on bids to Estimators and the bid teams, including commercial and technical advice
- Maintain the company supply chain database/Estimating System with tender information from allocated bids
- Carry out measurement and take-offs, pricing and entering into the system
- A good university degree in Quantity Survey from a recognised Higher Institution. Minimum of 10 years’ experience managing the process of estimating building and civil engineering projects within the Construction Industry.
- Membership of a relevant professional body and/or relevant professional qualification is desirable, such as RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE/NIQS.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Total cost savings
- Cost avoidance
- Implemented cost reduction savings
- Estimating Cycle time
- Estimation ROI
- Contract compliance
Required Skills and Competencies:
Application Closing Date
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Learning
- Management of Material Resources
- Time Management
- Operations Analysis
- Concern for Quality
- Excellent written and oral Communication skills
- Attention to details
- Strong Negotiation skills
31st July, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
Using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.