R28 Limited is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Key Performance Indicators
- To be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. Roles and Responsibilities
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with executive management and other relevant stakeholders.
- Develop full scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools to effectively track project milestones and deliverables.
- Undertake strategic project management duties, responsible for the overall planning, co-ordination and control of project from inception to completion.
- Establish project brief and requirements and provide adequate project briefing to the project team, including consultants and contractors.
- Reviewing the budget estimate to ensure the final cost for the project falls within budget.
- Ensure pre-construction activities are properly planned and coordinated in accordance with the client’s brief.
- Use best knowledge and skills to assure value for money for stakeholders to maximize cost savings on the project and or increase the profit margin.
- Prepare cash flow forecast for the Client, including monthly drawdown requirement.
- Coordination of activities and production of documentation required by the client, as a condition precedent to drawn down, to enable the release of funds.
- Attend Project Steering Committee meetings with clients and stakeholders and give an update on the project; also convene meetings as necessary to ensure resolution of issues and drive project progress.
- Follow through to ensure the necessary statutory approvals are obtained for the relevant aspects of the job.
- Oversee the tasks/work activities of the delivery team including site construction manager, site supervision team as required and technical (structural, architectural, M & E) consultants.
- Carrying out risk assessment and risk management throughout the whole development process; Identifying, analyzing, valuing risk and setting out mitigating factors early on in the project cycle, with the aim of reducing the risk factor at key stages of project delivery.
- Ensuring adequate infrastructure provision is taken into consideration in the planning stage of all development projects.
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned by the General Manager-Projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- High numbers of projects delivered.
- Percentage of projects’ milestones missed/achieved.
- Number of completed projects achieved on budget.
- Number of completed projects achieved on time.
- Percentage of overdue project status reports.
- Number of projects that meet specified stakeholder expectations.
- Number of projects that receive a positive quality assurance review.
- Percentage of projects with a positive return on investment.
- Number of delivered projects reports in accordance to predetermined schedule.
- Number of safety related cases/incidences reported on each project.
- Percentage of projects with high risk profile and level of occurrence of risk related matters. Working knowledge, skills and competencies and attributes
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Proven experience in people management; strategic planning; risk management and change management.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to react promptly and efficiently to project adjustments and alterations.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines and experiences.
- Understands basic revenue models, profit and loss and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
- Ability to identify business development and “add-on” sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well organized presentations and effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Technically competent with Microsoft Office suite.
Application Closing Date
- A good university degree in Civil Engineering, Building Technology or relevant field
- Additional degree such as an MBA will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years work experience undertaking project management/planning responsibilities, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Membership of relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
31st July, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
Using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.