SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: QA/QC Leader (M/F)
Reference number: 2019-12597
Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract: Temporary work contract
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract duration: 1 Year Renewable
- Lead review of Contractor / Subcontractors issued quality documentations including Project Quality Plan for the Package.
- Review Contractor / Subcontractor issued Work Procedures for quality aspects.
- Follow up and ensure implementation of approved Project Quality Plan and achievement of Quality objectives on the project activities.
- Provide leadership, expert direction, and guidance to the team on quality matters to ensure achievement of quality requirement on the project activities.
- Monitor to ensure adequate quantity and qualification / certification of Contractor / Subcontractors' QA/QC resources deployed on the project and urgently address any shortfall.
- Carry out reviews of Contractor Quality Control / Inspection Test Plan, Operatives Procedures and Test Documents.
- Verify that the criticality rating of equipment is determined prior to award of any Subcontract or Purchase Order, and review on a regular basis taking into account the capability of and the performance of the Vendor's.
- Develop a Surveillance Program and specific assessment and verification check sheet according to the specific criticality
- Implement QC Surveillance to verify Contractor or Vendor Inspection and Test Activities compliance with QC Plan requirements, standards and specifications.
- Provide status reports to hierarchy on Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) Corrective Actions including Notes/Findings from any Verification Activities (procedures review, shop visits, etc.)
- Ensure Suppliers are working to the approved Quality Plans and Inspection Test Plan.
- Monitor the development and implementation of Contractor Quality Control documents.
- Review and approve the Contractor's audit schedule.
- Witness the Quality Audits performed by the Contractor on their Sub-Contractors, Vendors and Suppliers.
- Ensure that identified Corrective Actions are implemented by the Contractor or Vendor
- Review the Contractor's Purchase Orders and verify the associated QA requirements
- Follow and expedite the remedial actions and root cause analysis from Quality Audit Findings.
- Co-ordinate and report surveillance activities on Contractor / Subcontractors' works.
- Ensure to treat Quality Records in due time and file according to approved procedure.
- Interface with the Certifying Authority for Supplier Inspection activities and liaise with Third Party Authority at the required witness points during project execution in order to meet quality requirements.
- Perform ad –hoc assessments or Audits on the contractor or potential Supplier's, when required.
- Apply good knowledge of API, NACE, ASTM and TOTAL's General Specifications in the discharge of his duties.
- Apply good knowledge of Metallurgy, Welding, Destructive and Non-Destructive Testing in the discharge of his duties.
- Follow up as-built documentation ensuring compliance to specification.
- Liaise and regularly communicate quality activities with IKIKE PMT Quality Te
- Graduate Bachelor Degree (BSc) or HND in an Engineering discipline relevant to Oil and Gas engineering and construction activities.
- Possession of recognized Quality Assurance or Quality Management qualification(s) and a formal training in ISO 9001:2000 Standard.
- A minimum of 10 years working experience in Oil and Gas Engineering and Construction activities; 7 years of which must have been Quality Assurance and Quality Control activities at senior level.
- Good knowledge of metallurgy, welding engineering, NDT techniques and relevant codes: API, ASTM, ASME, etc., used in OLT Buoy design and construction. Previous experience and knowledge of TOTAL general specifications is an advantage.
- Administrative skills including proficiency in typical office applications (Words, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Fluent in English and ability to communicate well at all levels within the Company. In addition, the candidate must possess very good planning, presentation, negotiations and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyse inspection data trends and make recommendation for inspection level and frequency changes.
- Geographical mobility and ability to work on rotation bases.
- F-Engineering, manufacturing, construction
Minimum level of experience required:
Application Closing Date
- English (D-Full professional proficiency)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online