SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Welding & NDT Supervisor (M/F)
Reference number: 2019-12593
Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract: Temporary work contract
Contractual hours: Part time
Contract duration: 1 Year Renewable
- To monitor cutting, forming, welding, post welding and NDT activities by Contractor and ensure that activities are fully compliant with Project requirements, specifications, codes, drawings, etc.
- To ensure that welding & NDT record books are properly documented and maintained by Contractor.
- To be aware of the Project specifications and ensure Contractor compliance in relation with Piping & Structure Supervisor.
- To perform all Company quality inspections relating to welding & NDT.
- To promote application of COMPANY policies, rules, procedures, General Specifications and Project procedures.
- To identify any non-conformance with Project requirements, report to QA/QC Lead and follow-up remedial action by Contractor.
- To ensure that approved modifications are implemented and documented for as-built documentation.
- To be proactive in anticipating events or Contractor's problems which may affect the successful completion of the Project objectives and inform QA/QC Lead and Head IKD.
- To assist with making of progress records and other key performance indicators
- To produce accurate activity report to QA/QC Lead.
- To attend Project meetings as and when required.
- To carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the hierarchy.
- Qualification: B.Sc. metallurgy or mechanical engineering
- Professional experience: More than 10 years solid working experience in welding & NDT jobs in Oil & Gas
- Experience with structure & piping, welding & NDT works: 5 years
- Conversant with relevant ASME, AWS and API codes
- NDT qualification certified by recognized international body: Minimum Level II in VT,MT, PT, UT and RT (EN473)
- Proven leadership capabilities with strong organizational and coordination abilities
- Autonomous, self-motivating and active team player
- Oral and written fluency in English mandatory, working knowledge of French appreciated
- Microsoft Office proficient
- F-Engineering, manufacturing, construction
Minimum level of experience required:
Application Closing Date
- English (D-Full professional proficiency)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online