SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: CIC Worksite QA/QC Supervisor (M/F)
Reference number: 2019-12600
Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract: Temporary work contract
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract duration: 1 Year Renewable
- Ensure that Contractor and Subcontractors maintain adequate specialised technical competence in welding, NDE, painting, various tests, etc., at all levels for achievement of required quality of result of Works, reporting any shortfall to hierarchy redress.
- Review the Contractor, Subcontractor and Vendors' QA/QC documentations and work procedures related to welding, NDE, painting, tests, etc., and ensure that proposed processes, qualifications, products and equipment comply with project quality technical and safety requirements.
- Be in charge of quality and technical surveillance of Contractor and Subcontractors' Works in compliance with approved Quality Control Plans (QCPs) & Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs).
- Follow up of processes qualifications, production tests, mechanical test, etc., related to the Works to ensure compliance to procedure and reliability / acceptability of results.
- Review of technical queries and deviations requests related to the welding, NDE, painting, tests, etc., issued by Contractor on the Works.
- Ensure that the Works are carried out in accordance with best practices, project specifications and standards; providing technical guidance to Contractor and Subcontractor Worksite team.
- Monitor and report on quality control activities at the Worksite to the COMPANY Site Representative and QA/QC Lead.
- Carry out regular inspection and audit of facilities and processes employed for the Works to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
- Review, monitor and report daily the status of inspection and test activities executed by the Contractor, Subcontractors and Vendors at the Worksite.
- Monitor Contractor and Subcontractor's verification of welding and coating products certification with incoming products by batch numbers, ensuring respect of expiring dates and required storage conditions.
- Monitor Contractor and Subcontractor's traceability system (daily reports, batch numbers, QC inspection reports, etc.), including control and traceability of project materials incorporated or to be incorporated to the Works.
- Follow up NCRs and CARs related to the welding, NDE, painting, tests, etc., and take appropriate actions to ensure closure of pending issues accordingly.
- Conduct “X” check of NDE Operators and test equipment. Perform independent “X” check & testing of structures, piping and fittings (forgings, cold bending, weldments, etc.).
- Report any problem immediately to hierarchy and QA/QC Leader, and provide technical assistance to Contractor or Subcontractor as required or necessary.
- Ensure that Contractor and Subcontractor properly prepare, organize and file all documentation related to the Works and that as-built documentation is according to contract specification.
- Minimum Diploma or equivalent in relevant discipline with 5 years minimum experience in QA/QC supervision role in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Minimum 7 years of working experience in Oil and Gas industry construction activities.
- Certified welding Inspector (CWI), CSWIP, or equivalent. Must have ASNT or EN473 Level II for Radio, UT, MPI, as a minimum.
- Quality Assurance Auditor certification will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of Total technical referential and HSE Golden Rules. Good knowledge of welding processes. Very good knowledge of material and equipment. Very good competencies related to NDE Techniques. Familiarity with Contractor, Subcontractor & Supplier documentation i.e. QCP/ITP, Construction / Fabrication Dossiers, Material Certification, Quality Records etc.
- Ability to read fabrication drawings including welding symbols.
- Team oriented, good communication, motivational, coordination and delegation skills.
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written)
- F-Engineering, manufacturing, construction
Minimum Level of Experience Required:
Application Closing Date
- English (D-Full professional proficiency).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online