SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Operations Safety Leader (M/F)
Reference number: 2019-12598
Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract: Temporary work contract
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract duration: 1 Year Renewable
- Ensures proper implementation of the Company HSE Policies, DGEP HSE rules and contractors' compliance with the HSE clauses from relevant contracts;
- Investigates and analyzes all incidents and accidents, prepares cause tree analysis, compiles reports. Follows up on corrective actions to ensure completion and compliance;
- Promotes safe and responsible work culture with the Company logistics and contractor personnel;
- Participate to the Board of Enquiry (BOE) in case of a fatal accident or any other major incidents
- Reviews logistics contractors' HSE Management Systems, identifies gaps that require bridging with the Company's HSE MS systems, prepares, issues and updates the bridging documents;
- Conducts regular audits of contractors' facilities (bases, heliports, vessels, etc.) in cooperation with Aviation and Marine specialists;
- Schedules HSE training sessions for the JV Technical Logistics personnel;
- Maintains all HSE records, statistics and KPIs to ensure accurate reporting: recording of all incidents, accidents, safety observations, using the Company's systems and databases (ex. Synergi, Enablon, etc.);
- Prepares departmental monthly HSE reports and any other ad-hoc reports as requested by the management;
- Supports all Company Safety Initiatives and organizes HSE campaigns for logistics contractors;
- Ensure that contractor's Anomaly reporting system is in place on site and that cards are reported and analyzed for trends and subsequent actions identified
- Organizes and chairs special HSE events: departmental HSE committees, HSE Forums, etc.
- Supports HQ audits as required, provides information, and organizes HSE reviews for the LSO department;
- Bachelor or Master's degree in an HSE or engineering discipline.
- Fully conversant with relevant legislation, Company Rules (Referential) and best practices.
- Fully conversant with the use of Microsoft Office.
- Minimum of 5 years Oil and Gas Industry Experience in the HSE capacity.
- F-Engineering, manufacturing, construction
Minimum level of experience required:
Application Closing Date
- English (D-Full professional proficiency)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online