The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reproductive Health Clinic Support
Requisition ID: req5449
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
The IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In February 2014 the IRC moved into Adamawa State in NE Nigeria to provide humanitarian interventions through a multi-sectoral, integrated approach for conflict affected populations. IRC Nigeria now operates a country office in Abuja and field offices in Mubi and Yola of Adamawa State, Maiduguri, Monguno and Gwoza of Borno state and Damatru of Yobe State. Currently, IRC Nigeria implements programs primary health care, nutrition, environmental health, women’s protection and empowerment, protection, child protection, education, food security & livelihoods.
- The RH Clinic support will register and Triage patients’ at the RH Unit/clinics, determining what care they need and prioritizing emergency cases.
- She will assist the midwives in procedures and in the day to day manning of the health facility.
- Ensure emergency drugs /tray (maintained) and emergency equipment e.g. stretcher, wheel chairs etc. are always available and equipment are clean and in good working conditions at the clinic emergency reception area
- Assess signs and symptoms of illness, take vital signs and enter them in medical charts, develop a nursing diagnosis and triage patient to the appropriate service provider
- Register new patients
- Provide technical nursing support for RH services
- Ensure referral for all transfer patients are coordinated with the necessary health care intervention and diagnoses
- Ensure all necessary information concerning the patients or activities in the clinic are reported to the supervisor in a timely manner
- Provide health educations sessions
- Ensure daily drug consumption recording
- Ensure proper waste management
- Maintain the register for medical consultation of all the ongoing RH services at the triage area.
- Extra duties as assigned by the supervisor
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: RH Midwife
- Position directly supervises: None
- Indirect Reporting: Integration officer, RH Doctor, RH manager
- Minimum 1 year experience as a CHEW (NGO experience preferred)
- Background preferable in Reproductive Health , BEmONC, and community level care
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Communication and diplomacy skills to provide education on a variety of sensitive RH topics
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, is flexible and able to work under pressure.
- Warm personality with good interpersonal relating skills.
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to multitask.
Application Closing Date
- English and Hausa a must. Knowledge of kanuri and shuwa will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online