The Centre for Communication and Social Impact (CCSI), formerly known as Centre for Communication Programs Nigeria (CCPN) was registered in 2001 as a Non-Governmental Organization with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria.
Birthed in Nigeria by the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (JHCCP), Baltimore, USA, CCPN transitioned its operations under the new name CCSI after an exciting 10 years of growth and operations in Nigeria and other African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Project Officer
Job Code: SPO 1
The Programme Officer will be required to:
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide day to day support to the Project Coordinator
- Assist with technical support in the design and development of demand generation strategies to promote uptake of priority health behaviors and community health insurance.
Required Qualifications: Education & Experience
- Support the general management, coordination planning and implementation of programme activities of the project in the respective Local Government Areas.
- Track program targets and timely implementation of the planned activities to ensure program meets targets.
- Ensure implementation of activities is in line with the laid down protocols, by continuously monitoring and conducting supervision and on-job training of health workers in the LGAs.
- Review reports from health workers/field implementers in the LGAs for accuracy and completeness prior to submission.
- Maintain a good relationship and work jointly with – Public Health Officers and other partners to undertake home visits, meetings and to ensure health LGA’s ownership.
- Ensure accountability of received commodities and supplies through tracking consumption levels and review of reconciliation reports
- Assist with the data quality queries and ensure identified issues are rectified in time.
- Participate in operations research and project learning, document good/best practices.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
Application Closing Date
- B.Sc in Public Health or BA in Social Sciences. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Must have at least 7 years demonstrated experience with public health related projects.
- Experience working at LGAs and/or community level
- Ability to travel to LGAs outside of state at least 40% of the time
- Significant experience in designing, managing communication programs designed to improve access to quality services
- Significant understanding and/or experience in program development, evaluation and assessment.
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team and effectively culturally diverse individuals and communities.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to think and act strategically in the design and execution of public health and social development programs.
- Solid leadership experience in convening and facilitating meetings with diverse populations and communities.
- Advanced independent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power point).
9th July, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a detailed Cover Letter describing their relevant qualifications and experience to: [email protected]
Applications must indicate the Position Title & Location on the e-mail subject line.