The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. Based in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), US CDC and The United Nations office of Projects. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has earned a solid reputation among Its funders and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. The broadened scope of activities under Its Global Fund (GF) TB-HIV Grant has created the need for increased staff capacity around new and enlarged areas of focus.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor - PCT/Clinical Services (Zonal Team Lead)
South East Zone and South-South Zone
Job Type: Full Time
Slot: 2 Openings
- Incumbent is the zonal team lead and will be responsible for coordinating staff program activities in meeting program objectives, drawing plans and overseeing the implementation of the TB/HIV prevention, care and Treatment service delivery in line with the OF NG&SOP, NAP and M&E national plans on TB/HIV prevention care and Treatment in the 4 states of Imo Enugu, Ebonyi and Abia states across the South East zone and in the States of Cross River, Bayelsa, Edo and Delta in the South-South zone.
- Incumbent will be responsible for providing support In developing and managing health programs that maximize development results and impact, coordinating and managing the technical services essential to the functioning and effective implementation of all programmatic activities across the 4 states in either zones, ensure that the systems (people, policies, processes and tools) that are necessary to play those roles exist and are fully operational, Providing technical assistance to supported facilities in establishing protocols for HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment arid other health services that are consistent with national guidelines.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The position reports to the Deputy Project Director! Technical Lead, The position hans dotted line reporting relationship to the Executive Director! Program Management Lead. The position regularly interacts with leads of all program management units like Finance, HR, PSM. Laboratory and Admin as well.
- Degree in Medicine, Public Health or a related field; or a Master's degree or equivalent in Public Health or related fields
- At least 10 years’ post NYSC experience in developing country health care programs or program support function 4 yearn of which must be at a senior management level within an international NGO or agency
Desired Core Competencies:
- Knowledge of the policies, regulations, reporting formats and cultures of principal donors, including the Global Fund, USAID, EC, DFID, CDC/PEPFAR, and others
- Extensive clinical experience in care and treatment of HIV/AIDS patients
- Demonstrated experience in non-profit sector in a program management role especially in Global Fend programs or equivalent
- Strong supervisory and management skills
- Successful experience leading or authoring proposals and research papers
- Ability to lead teams and promote cross learning
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion arid make reasoned judgments in a timely fashion. Committing toa course of action without undue delay or prevarication
- Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a professional manner
ECEWS has a competitive compensation package
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a one-page capability statement and an updated Resume as a single document with Full Names as title of the document to: [email protected]
with the position and location clearly stated as subject of the email.
ECEWS is an equal opportunity employer and strongly advise female qualified applicant to apply for the position above. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.