The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. Based in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), US CDC and The United Nations office of Projects. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has earned a solid reputation among Its funders and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. The broadened scope of activities under Its Global Fund (GF) TB-HIV Grant has created the need for increased staff capacity around new and enlarged areas of focus.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer- PCT
South East Zone
Job Type: Full Time
Slot: 2 Openings
- The position provides technical support for multidisciplinary HIV/AIDS care and treatment, working with organization clinicians and health facility- based site teams to implement care and antiretroviral treatment services.
- The objective of this position is to strengthen the leadership and the capacity of the supported facilities in the coordination with all stakeholders to ensure access to quality medical care and ARV treatment for HIV patients, to support the integration of nV services within the health sector and to strengthen the clinical components of Tuberculosis, Malaria and other diseases.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The position reports to the Senior Technical Advisor - PCT/Clinical Services (Zonal Team Lead). The position regularly interacts with facility physicians and the zonal program implementation team.
- Degree in Medicine, Public Health or a related field; or a Master's degree or equivalent in Public Health or related fields will be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years’ post NYSC experience in developing country health care programs or program support functions 4 years of which - must be within an international NGO
Desired Core Competencies:
- Knowledge of the policies, regulations, reporting formats and cultures of principal donors, including Global Fund, USAID, EC, DFID, CDC/PEPFAR, and others
- Extensive clinical experience in care and treatment of HIV/AIDS patients
- Demonstrated experience in non-profit sector in ‘a program management role
- Ability to lead teams and promote cross learning
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and make reasoned judgments in a timely fashion, Committing to a course of action without undue delay or prevarication
- Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a professional manner.
ECEWS has a competitive compensation package
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a one-page capability statement and an updated Resume as a single document with Full Names as title of the document to: [email protected]
with the position and location clearly stated as subject of the email.
ECEWS is an equal opportunity employer and strongly advise female qualified applicant to apply for the position above. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.