The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. Based in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), US CDC and The United Nations office of Projects. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has earned a solid reputation among Its funders and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. The broadened scope of activities under Its Global Fund (GF) TB-HIV Grant has created the need for increased staff capacity around new and enlarged areas of focus.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Officer
South South Zone
Job Type: Full Time
- The incumbent will Provide technical support and strategic guidance on ECEWS gender programing, working closely with teams to develop and oversee strategies to overcome’ gender-related barriers to accessing services, including user fees and transport limitations, design and adapt training for health providers on issues such as respectful cam, gender sensitive health service delivery, gender-based violence and engaging men in health, working with teams to strengthen gender components of training and job aids brand by community health workers.
- The incumbent will also provide supporting supervision to OSS within the zone.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The position reports to the Senior Technical Advisor - PCT/ Clinical Services (Zonal Team Lead). The position regularly interacts with facility staff and the zonal program implementation team.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Social Science, Arts or Humanities
- Minimum 7 years experience working on international health issues including HP with at least two years working on HIV/AIDS counseling and testing programs in international or resource poor settings.
- Fluency in English; excellent communication skills required Pt least 7 years’ post NYSC experience in developing country health care programs or program support function 4 years of which must be within an international NGO or equivalent
Desired Core Competences:
- Extensive experience working with KPs
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of public health information, education, and communications methodology in an African development context. Experience supervising and/or training others preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in maintaining close counterpart relationships, both governmental and in partner sites and communities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-culturally with diverse teams
- High degree of judgment, maturity Ingenuity and originality to interpret strategy, to analyze, develop and present work and to monitor and evaluate implementation of programs.
ECEWS has a competitive compensation package
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a one-page capability statement and an updated Resume as a single document with Full Names as title of the document to: [email protected]
with the position and location clearly stated as subject of the email.
ECEWS is an equal opportunity employer and strongly advise female qualified applicant to apply for the position above. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.