The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. Based in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), US CDC and The United Nations office of Projects. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has earned a solid reputation among Its funders and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. The broadened scope of activities under Its Global Fund (GF) TB-HIV Grant has created the need for increased staff capacity around new and enlarged areas of focus.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Officer
South East Zone
Job Type: Full Time
- The incumbent wiIl be responsible for overseeing the design coordination and support for Implementation of community-based HIV service delivery and the supportive supervision of the OSS for Kps (FSW, MSM, TWG, PWIDs) in line with Global Fund (GF) TB-HIV Model.
- S/he will work as a member & the advisory team working with other staff members, Ministries of Health, and other key stakeholders on developing/updating guidelines and protocols for inclusion of community participation.
- This effort includes overseeing activities In the OSS, supporting the implementation of referral pathways and bidirectional referral systems between the national program and the KP led community-based initiatives.
- S/he will work in close collaboration with supported facilities to make sure animators (peer to peer outreach workers) supported by ECEWS are trained and have the requisite technical support to provide basic, but quality HIV care and treatment services to their clients.
- S/he will maintain a strong and collaborative relationship with key partners and stakeholders to strengthen community-based HIV counseling and testing services and referrals for care, treatment, and support services at the community and health facility levels.
- S/he will provide leadership to community- based organizations to implement an evidence- based prevention intervention inline with the national guidelines.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The position reports to the Senior Technical Advisor - PCT/ Clinical Services (Zonal Team Lead). The position regularly interacts with facility staff and the zonal program implementation team.
- Bachelor degree in Science, Social Science, Arts or Humanities
- Minimum 7 years experience working on international health issues including HIV with at least two years working on nV/AIDS
- Prevention, Care and Treatment programs in resource poor settings.
- Fluency in English; excellent communication skills required
- At least 7 years post NYSC experience in developing country health care programs or program support function 4 years of which must be within an international NGO or equivalent
Desired Core Competences:
- Extensive experience working with KPs
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of public health information, education, and communications methodology in an African development context.
- Experience supervising and/or training others preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in maintaining close counterpart relationships, both governmental and in partner sites and communities;
- Strong interpersonal skits and ability 10 work cross-culturally with diverse teams
- High degree of judgment, maturity, ingenuity and originality to - interpret strategy, to analyze, develop and present wort- and to monitor and evaluate implementation of programs.
ECEWS has a competitive compensation package
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a one-page capability statement and an updated Resume as a single document with Full Names as title of the document to: [email protected]
with the position and location clearly stated as subject of the email.
ECEWS is an equal opportunity employer and strongly advise female qualified applicant to apply for the position above. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.