The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. Based in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), US CDC and The United Nations office of Projects. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has earned a solid reputation among Its funders and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. The broadened scope of activities under Its Global Fund (GF) TB-HIV Grant has created the need for increased staff capacity around new and enlarged areas of focus.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
South South & South East Zone
Job Type: Full Time
Slot: 3 Openings (SS-1 SE-2)
- The Logistics Officer will plan, support and implement an efficient logistics and supply chain management system in collaboration with the PSM lead for ECEWS in accordance with donor requirements and stipulated guidelines of the Federal Government of Nigeria
Reporting & Supervision:
- The position reports to the Senior Technical Advisor - PCT/ Clinical Services (Zonal Team Lead), position has a dotted line reporting relationship to PSM Lead. The position regularly interacts with facility staff and the zonal program implementation team and the Admin team as well.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or other relevant field with prior relevant field experience in supply chain management and HIV/AIDS monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in related programming in developing countries.
- Experience in Pharmacy Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Experience in HIV/AIDS Monitoring and Evaluation
- Proficiency in MS Access, SPSS, MS Excel, MS tMrd, MS Power Point and other Office packages.
- Proficiency in the use of email and internet.
- Fluency in English; excellent communication and report writing skills required
Desired Core Competencies:
- Be able to use pharmaceutical tracking tools to input data into stand-alone and web-based data bases/systems for the purpose of monitoring drug use and needs across ECEWS supported sites.
- Be familiar with and able to use monitoring and evaluation tools for the tracking of pharmaceutical products.
- Be familiar with and have the ability to deploy the Logistics and Health Program Management Information Program for the purpose of Pharmacy logistics and Monitoring
- Be a resource person for the training of site level staff on pharmacy logistics and monitoring
- High degree of judgment, maturity, ingenuity and originality to interpret strategy, to analyze, develop and present work and to monitor and evaluate implementation of programs.
ECEWS has a competitive compensation package
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a one-page capability statement and an updated Resume as a single document with Full Names as title of the document to: [email protected]
with the position and location clearly stated as subject of the email.
ECEWS is an equal opportunity employer and strongly advise female qualified applicant to apply for the position above. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.