Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Math (Numeracy) Specialist
Req No: MATHN01628
Job Type: Full Time
- Creative is seeking a Mathematics Specialist for an anticipated donor-funded project in Nigeria aiming to enable more effective state and non-state systems to deliver foundational skills to all children
- The Mathematics Specialist provides overall technical oversight and guidance to the activity’s support to improved mathematics instruction, including mathematics standards, benchmarks, curriculum and assessment systems, and learning environment.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position reports to the Curriculum Development Advisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Provides leadership in the development of standards and benchmarks in mathematics
- Supervises the development and testing of mathematics curriculum and instruction
- Supports the national scale-up planning for the mathematics curriculum;
- Supports assessment (formative and summative) of mathematics skill development of students
- Ensures that activities and approaches across geographic areas are complementary and equitable, including under-served populations in need of inclusive education; and
- Liaises with government representatives and technicians on technical matters and bears ultimate responsibility for ensuring that children in activity-supported schools achieve improved outcomes in mathematics.
Application Closing Date
- Master's Degree in Education with a specialty in early grade mathematics or another pedagogically-oriented specialty;
- At least four (4) years of experience in work specifically to improve evidence-based early grade mathematics programming; preferably directed to rural, ethno-linguistic under-served populations;
- At least four (4) additional years of experience improving educational quality in developing countries is required;
- At least five (5) years of experience in Africa is highly desired;
- Prior proven experience with the development and implementation of evidence-based early grade mathematics materials (and preferably in local languages), training programs, classroom monitoring protocols, and tests and assessments required; EGMA experience (preferred); and
- Fluency in English is required; fluency in local languages is highly desired.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Position contingent upon donor funding.