Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Receivable Manager - Jumia
Job Type: Full Time
- To improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the Accounts Receivable Operation through process improvements, automation and harmonization with the aim to optimize working capital, minimize transactional costs and control Jumia Nigeria's exposure to bad debt losses.
In particular, you will:
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Manage accounts receivable and cash application functions to ensure timely and accurate recording, collection, reconciliation and reporting of accounts receivable
- Work closely with Commercial, Sales, Operations management and inventory control to ensure discrepancies and payment delinquencies are resolved on a timely basis.
- Identify process inefficiencies and recommend remediation to strengthen control environment in financial and operational areas through the use of system automation and relevant tools
- Reconcile general ledger accounts related to accounts receivable.
- Cashflow forecasting periodically on regular basis based customer insight as well as business information.
- Updating of Cashflow forecast in ERP and weekly update to Treasury team
- Close monitoring of Account Receivables, Unbilled AR, Deferred Revenue, Provision for doubtful debts, Advances from customer and customer financing so that active control could be set on working capital numbers of Jumia
- Advice to the Treasury & Credit manager on payment terms and credit limits for (new) customers.
- Partner with cross functional teams to share best practices and improve communication and procedures
- Track account transactions and resolution of issues. Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external business partners
- Continue team's strong track record of achieving collection metrics
- At least 8+ years of experience as an Accounts Receivable in a high-growth and fast-paced environment
- Must have at least 5+ years of experience in AR function including direct responsibility of assigned client account oversight, preferably in a manufacturing company.
- Professional qualification like ICAN, ACCA, ACA is a must
- Extensive experience in the development and application of policies and procedures for collections and credit
- Experience with accounts reconciliations and closing procedures for accounts receivable
- Must have proven abilities in process improvement, developing/documenting procedures, influencing all levels of management.
- Positive attitude, strong analytical and investigative skills, high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Focused and driven to analyze problems and collaborate with others to identify and deliver solutions
- Ability to work in the detail and also see the big picture and communicate to appropriate internal parties (CEO, CFO, Controllers etc.)
Application Closing Date
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
13th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online