Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Title: Head of Offline Sales Channels - Jumia
Job Type: Full time
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Jumia is able to increase its presence through the JForce, a network of consultants who distribute goods and services to remote areas of the region. Our ambition with the JForce is to empower consultants, enabling them to make a living by giving access to the internet to the most isolated Africans.
- As a Head of Offline Sales Channels,you will be in charge of growing this multi-level marketing level channel.
- Manage the whole sales force and create a sustainable pyramid to maximize sales revenues but also the size of your sales force to meet the business objectives.
- Develop and implement business plan.
- Formulate all sales policies, strategies and procedures of this business.
- Educate the sales team by establishing training programs thattarget the sales of key products as well as areas of target sales and growth.
- Drive analysis of performance metrics to identify opportunities andbuild evidence for strategic decisions.
- Keep your team's workflow and deadlines aligned their targets.
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to your teams as efficient as possible.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Studies/Administration/Management or equivalent from an accrediated university.
- At least 6+ years experience in a working in a sales position preferably managing a large team.
- Experience in Projects Management with proven ability to drive processes from inception to finish.
- Capable of teaching the process for successful prospecting & closing new business, leading to consistent quota achievement.
- Evidence of successfully leading others to exceed measurable sales and revenue targets.
- Ability to both set strategy, manage sales quotas, and follow through on tactical implementation and execution of initiatives - an operator with vision.
- Demonstrated experience with “Consultative Selling” to identify and solve customer problems.
Application Closing Date
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
13th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online