Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
- This position will play a key role in ensuring the best operational and financial decisions are made while maintaining a strong focus on strategic business planning support, cost management and optimization, historical performance analysis, and complex forecasting.
- Also, this person will manage the planning process, analyze data, and develop strategy for the company’s financial planning and analysis functions.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Oversee the financial planning and analysis organization and work with CFO , management team, both local team and central team, to provide value-added insight into the business.
- Prepare a monthly reporting package that includes full financial statements, comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, operational dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances and comprehensive executive level explanations of differences.
- Drive an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that links to the strategic objectives.
- Develop and monitor the company’s annual budget and monthly forecasts, which shall include establishing budget tools, setting timelines and ensuring all budgets are accurate, comprehensive and completed on time.
- Prepare and maintain an efficient and effective process of evaluating, tracking and monitoring all strategic planning activity for the company with appropriate links to the annual budget and strategic plan.
- Provide a high level of thought process to drive improvement; recommend areas for improvement and lead projects to enhance the reporting and analytical infrastructure.
- Supervise and manage the performance of a team of FP&A professionals.
- Routinely communicate business unit and company financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics, identifying risks and opportunities related to the achievement of the company’s financial plans.
- Influence the accuracy and effectiveness of the corporate accounting consolidation and closing process through analytical review and trend analysis.
- Develop and execute financial modelling tools to allow for routine analytical reviews of company financial and operational performance, new projects and decision making.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment preferably in a similar role
- Professional Qualification like ACCA & ACA is an added advantage
- Possess the proven ability to lead, manage and develop a high performing team
- Experience of FP&A within a matrix organisation (budgeting, forcasting, planning and analysis)
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills; good knowledge of Microsoft core programs - Excel (including pivot tables and macros), word and power point
- Have an understanding of international accounting practices and standards
- Experience of having managed and improved budgeting and forecasting processes
- Support senior members of the business timely, actionable insight
- Experience in preparing, analysing, and implementing accounting and reporting requirements.
Application Closing Date
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online