Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Help Desk Officer
Job ID: 13-10726
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A607 - Nigeria Global Fund RSSH
Reports To: Director M&E
- The Help desk officer provides technical assistance and support related to use of the DHPRS data platforms (National DHIS 2 instance, ISS and DQA on – line platforms, etc) on common problems over the phone or mail to end users.
- S/he logs complaints (for: tracking resolution of issues, use in updating FAQ, providing feedback to the DHPRS data platform developers, etc), responds to enquiries, help identify problems and walk end users through the appropriate solution in real time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Act as a first point of call for end-user queries with regards to DHPRS data platforms (National DHIS 2 instance, ISS and DQA on – line platforms, etc)
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to DHPRS data platforms (National DHIS 2 instance, ISS and DQA on – line platforms, etc) be they based on computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Perform trouble shooting using different diagnostic techniques, including ask questions, requesting for screen shots, etc to determine nature of problem.
- Provide real-time support to end-users whenever they have issues
- Walk end users through problem-solving process to resolve whatever issues they may have
- Log all issues received into the support application for use in creating a problem management as well as knowledge management platformwhich will be a resource to help spot problems and to ease the identification of the root cause of frequent recurring incidents. This will allow for enhanced management of the platform as it will help to improve operational efficiency by reducing the time spent to rediscover previous incidents or problems.
- Redirect unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide feedback to the DHPRS data platform management team on processes and make recommendations on areas where there is need to improve
- Maintain technical documentation and service catalog on installation of software, configuration of hardware and problem troubleshooting
- Stay current with relevant DHPRS data platform system information, changes and updates
- Help update training manuals for new and revised DHPRS data platform
- Follow up with customers to ensure complete resolution of issues
- Prepare activity reports.
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), IT related sciences or a Masters and 3 years’ experience implementing health information systems, customer service activities
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant DHPRS data platforms, hardware requirements and other equipment
- Knowledge of relevant call tracking applications
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices
- Related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support
- Excellent hands on problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Good customer service orientation
- Attention to detail
- Ability to write concise and succinct reports
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong English writing skills and ability to communicate clearly and efficiently in email correspondence
- Patient and friendly even with difficult clients
- Ability to share advanced technical knowledge in a very simple and understandable way to a lay man
14th July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online