Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Assistant
Starting date: As Soon As Possible
Direct Line Manager: ICT Officer
Tasks & responsibilities
Objective 1 - Server, Energy and Network Management:
- Shall support the ICT Officer to ensure that Servers and other network resources are installed and configured for the respective users for Damaturu office.
- Shall archive and keep in safe location all old files on the server and some relevant users’ data
- Shall support the ICT Officer in the delivery of energy backup system (inverter, UPS) for the ICT equipment for Damaturu, Bade, Potiskum and the sub-bases
- Shall be Local Area Network administrator for Bade and Potiskum offices and monitor users’ access to the Network and all its resources
Objective 2 - Radio, CCTV and Trader/ODK Devices Management:
- Shall support the ICT officer to ensure smooth operation of all HF/VHF radios for the base
- Shall with the ICT Officer provide technical advice on CCTV operations to the base security manager whenever the needs arise
- Supports the M&E team to ensure effective use/function of the ODK phones, cash transfer and traders’ devices.
- Shall support the ICT Officer to resolve all ICT related problems with the ODK phones, cash transfer devices and traders’ devices are attended to within the shortest possible time.
Objective 3 - Data Security and Software Management:
- Shall carryout weekly data backup followup for Damaturu office and ensure that backup is done for all the sub-bases at regular times
- Shall ensure that recommended anti-virus is installed on all the computers in the base and regularly updated
- Shall in collaboration with the ICT Officer ensure that all network resources (server, network drives, switches, routers, printers) are installed in a safe and well ventilated locations
Objective 4 - Equipment Management:
- Shall ensure that all staff have required equipment for the delivery of their roles
- Manages the base equipment list by regularly updating the list with new equipment
- Ensures that all users complete Equipment Temporary Allocation Form and well documented
- Makes sure that all new equipment labels are checked and allocated appropriately
- Ensures that all equipment assigned to leavers are returned and equipment list updated accordingly
Objective 5 - Users’ Management:
- Shall support the ICT Officer to ensures that ICT induction is conducted for all staff
- Ensures that all ICT needs for Bade and Potiskum offices are identified and required services are provided within the minimum allowable time.
Objective 6 - Communication Service and Subscription Management:
- Shall ensure stability of internet service for the base and the sub-base and when necessary provide internet service for individual staff who may not be within the office location for official reasons at some point
- Shall continuously monitor the performance of all internet service and effective use of the internet bandwidth for Bade and Potiskum.
- Shall query any individual for abuse of any of the communication means (internet, gsm, thuraya and radio) and report same to the ICT Officer for consistent abuse
Objective 7 - Reporting:
Internal & External Relationship
- Reports to the ICT Officer any equipment need for the base
- Shall regularly update the ICT Officer for any ICT project ongoing under his/her supervision.
- Shall report any ICT challenge to the ICT Officer as they arise
- Logistics Manager: hierarchical relationship – technical support – exchange of information, collaboration on planning and all base matters
- ICT Manager: Technical support
- ICT Officer: Direct Line Manager
- Base Logistician: collaboration on daily tasks
- Others Programme Managers:: exchange of information and coordination (integrated approach)
- Local governmental and non-governmental partners: exchange of information, coordination,
- Local suppliers: exchange of information, coordination, influence on choice of technical options
- Local representatives of international aid organisations: exchange of information
- Bachelor's degree/Higher National Diploma in Information Technology/ Engineering; Telecommunications, Computer
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 1 year experience in the ICT sector.
- Professional certificates such as MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CISCO are preferable.
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills; approachable, diplomatic, able to maintain confidentiality ; able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment
- Computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information
- Willingness to travel to field sites
Application Closing Date
- Previous experience working for NGOs an asset, particularly international and/or health related NGOs
- Fluency in one or more National/regional languages an asset.
15th July, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online