Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Group Real Estate Services
Job ID: 41262
Job Sector: Banking
- Group Real Estate: identifying new premises, locations and buildings, leasing real estate, buying and selling property, construction and maintenance.
- Establish and manage the country GRES team, and enforce adherence to good Facility Management governance framework (Policy and Procedure)
- To facilitate the imparting of Facility Management skills to in-country stakeholders
- To manage Country wide contracts and Vendors that provides facility Management service to Stanbic IBTC Group
- Facilitate the implementation of GRES strategies and support FM decisions within the parameters determined.
- Ensure adherence to the laid down policies and procedures of Standard Bank.
- Monitor and promote compliance with Standard Bank's policies and procedures as well as country specific statutory requirement.
- Support all Business Partners throughout the Bank with GRES governance framework
Technical and Financial Business Acumen:
- Achieving a satisfactory level of technical building construction, maintenance, valuation and occupancy knowledge,
- Keeping abreast of developments and trends in occupancy levels, building construction and maintenance and applying this knowledge effectively in planning and decision making
- Forecasting budgeting, managing, accounting for and reporting on financial resources taking into account the economic context, understanding, analysing and leveraging the financial cost and ROI implications of facilities investment
- The process of anticipating, identifying, measuring , balancing and mitigating risk in a dynamic operating environment, calculating and understanding the potential negative impact of risks and taking action to achieve a recognized benefit when potential consequences are understood.
- Controlling projects in terms of business requirement, quality parameters, deadlines budgets
- Managing the life cycle of property asset from acquisition to disposal to achieve a desired return while mitigating risk, managing the life cycle of capital asset to extract maximum value and growth and to minimise capital depreciation
- Direct and manage the interface with service vendors and implement service quality review procedure to track and monitor the performance of service vendors and 3rd party service providers.
FM Best Practices:
- Recognising and rewarding excellent performance and managing poor performance in a consistent and constructive manner within human resource guidelines
- Review activity/spend analysis and self-audit reports with a focus on eliminating waste, non-value adding supply chain links and optimising Bank’s Facilities management processes.
- Review gap analysis of existing processes and implement appropriate interventions
- Align performance metrics/measurements to organisational/project objectives so as to ensure the achievement of deliverables.
- Displays a reasonable good understanding of different commercial company and taxation laws and practices applying to property deals in Nigeria, to understand broad legal parameter, to know what is and isn’t permissible and to understand key constraint
- Keep abreast of all regulations as they apply to property rights and the bank and ensures compliance with these regulations; understand and uses effective financing mechanism to maximise returns and financial visibility.
Internal & External Relationship
- Ensure the development and maintenance of contracts for all services/ commodities under the sphere of control.
- Entrench the development and management of vendors through the Service Level Agreement
- Drive the standardisation of products, materials and contract template across RoA
CIB , PBB, WEALTH & Corporate Functions:
- Impact the whole business line
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- A first Degree or equivalent in any discipline; possess a Degree in Project management, Facility Management, Building Construction, Architecture, or Engineering
- Professional membership of a recognised institution – RIBA, NIA, COREN etc.
- 7 - 10 years Real Estate Management - GRES experience
- Experience in banking or financial services sector
- Experience working with diverse and multi-disciplined teams fostering collaboration and team work- Required skill
- Coaching and mentoring experience
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Leadership/ management experience working with individuals and teams from diverse cultures
Application Closing Date
- Understands the interdependencies between people, systems, business and operational risks, and how to leverage these for optimal project coordination and implementation.
- Have competency and experience on analysing supply chain data (end to end), make informed decision based on current date and to predict future trends based on current information. (Supply Chain Analytic competency )
- Proactively coaching and mentoring subordinate
- Supporting and fostering diversity.
- Experience in creation, tracking and applying metrics to a real-time environment
- Experience in banking or financial services sector
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online