MainOne's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Project Accountant
Job Type: Permanent
Minimum years of Experience: 10
- The Senior Project Accountant will be responsible for all areas relating to project financial management and reporting, including maintenance of accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- This position will involve tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, variance reporting, capital rationing, year-end audit preparation, and the support of budget and forecast activities.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Develop detailed project budgets, in line with project work plan and resource requirements.
- Oversee the implementation of approved project budgets, ensuring efficient management of financial resources.
- Coordinate the procurement of goods and services for projects across the Company.
- Coordinate processing of purchase requisitions, purchase orders and invoices, including payment follow up, and collaboration with project owners to ensure accurate and timely processing of financial transactions.
- Ensure that proper accounting principles are applied in accounting for projects.
- Ensure appropriate allocation of costs and revenues to projects, in line with cost allocation principles.
- Ensure that risk assessments are carried out for all projects and provide advice on mitigation strategies.
- Implement processes to track and monitor project expenditure, in line with approved budget
- Verify payment requests for completion certificates.
- Drive the monitoring, tracking and reporting on project assets and facilities.
- Lead the interface with relevant stakeholders, including financial institutions, project partners, key vendors, regulators, etc.
- Analyse project performance against budget and provide detailed periodic reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual) to support this.
- Ensure that tax and other statutory obligations are met across all jurisdictions where projects are executed.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close, including timely completion of year-end audit.
- Support the CFO and CEO with special projects and project cycle workflow process improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Accounting, Finance or any related course.
- An MBA will be an added advantage.
- ICAN or its equivalent is required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience in Accounting/ finance roles, with at least five (5) years’ experience in a managerial role.
- Advanced financial and accounting knowledge, including in depth understanding of finance best practices, International and Nigerian accounting and financial reporting standards
- Experience in strategic financial planning and analysis
- Strong leadership/ supervisory and people management skills
- Strong organization and project management skills
- High ethical standards and integrity
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues and solutions
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- High sense of responsibility, accountability and dependability
- Excellent communication, business presentation, persuasion, negotiation, documentation and analytical skills
- Strong business acumen, maturity and tact, including the ability to relate effectively with various stakeholder groups e.g. financial institutions, project partners, vendors, etc.
Demands of the Job:
Application Closing Date
- Knowledge of finance, project accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles (local/ international).
- Able and willing to work long hours and meet tight deadlines.
- Able to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Able to communicate effectively in person, in writing and over the telephone with individuals and a wide variety of organization/audiences.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online