Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client is a Construction and Engineering company. Due to internal expansion, they are looking to fill the position below:
Job Title: Planning Engineer
- It is the role of the planning engineer to seek greater productivity by applying his knowledge of construction to plan the work in such a way as to make the most economical use of labour, machines, materials and equipment.
- In effect, he assists the project manager and indeed the site team in construction forecasts and analysis.
Pre Contract Award Stage:
- Pricing of Bill of Quantities for commercial bid submission.
- Carry out takeoff of quantities from drawings to ensure accurate quantities are provided in the contract Bill of Quantities.
- Prepare initial work program
Post Contract Management:
- Track and measure variance from project budgets, proactively determining critical issues and recommending corrective actions
- Preparation of work program
- Prepare Labour, Material & Equipment schedule
- Carry-out cost-in-use studies (comparative analysis of different processes) to ensure optimal procedures in all processes
- Identify opportunities in existing projects to optimize their profitability and values
- Keeping abreast of industry-related information flow
- Ensuring that the department is informed of the latest trends in the industry and prices of construction resources by frequent market surveys
- Monitor and evaluate performances against agreed targets
- Attend site meetings as often as possible to discuss issues that will enhance progress and efficiency in methods of projects execution
- Cash-flow projections and forecasts
- Cost analysis, Cost Checking and Monitoring of projects etc
- Miscellaneous and ad-hoc functions
- Manage and develop project management team
- Appraise direct reports based on set KPIs
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Quantity surveying & site execution skills
- Construction Management skills
- Business and finance acumen
- IT system skills
- Performance Management
- Projects evaluation
- Person Specification
- Innovation and Creativity
- Job Ownership
- “Can-do” Spirit
- Passion for Excellence
- Respect for People
Application Closing Date
- B.Sc or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Project Execution, Project Management & Contract AdministrationContacts
- Our client is a Construction and Engineering company. Due to internal expansion, they are looking to fill in the role of a Planning Engineer.
30th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected]
with the "Job title" of the role as the subject of the email. The body of the mail should outline Total years of relevant experience to the role, Location and Age.
- Please read role necessities very carefully and apply if qualified.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- If after 2 weeks of application you do not hear from us, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.