The Federal University, Gashua, Yobe State hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Director of Works and Physical Planning
- The Director of Works and Physical Planning is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the Physical infrastructural development and maintenance of the university.
- He/She is responsible for the coordination and supervision of physical development of projects; ensure quality, standards and maintenance of structures and other infrastructures in the university
- The Director must be a person of high integrity who demonstrates transparency in public and private life as well as commands the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
- He/She must also be receptive to new ideas and willing to translate them into new projects in line with the phased physical development plans of the University.
Candidates should possess the following:
Application Closing Date
- Possess a good honours Degree in any field of Architecture, Building Engineering, Civil Engineering, Quantity Survey, Structural Engineering, Water and Soil Engineering from a recognised University with not less than twenty-one (21) years’ experience, eight (8) of which must be in a Tertiary Institution.
- Candidate must be a confirmed Deputy Director of Works or its equivalent for a minimum of three (3) years in a University system or Tertiary Institution.
- Candidate MUST be registered with a relevant professional body.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge with relevant packages.
22nd August, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward twenty (20) word processed Applications and twenty(20) copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae with copies of credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Full Name (Surname first in capital letters)
- Place and date of birth
- State of Origin and Local Government Area.
- Present postal address/GSM numbers/e-mail address
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children (if any)
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic Qualifications obtained with dates
- Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Working experience including full details of former and present post(s)
- Extracurricular activities
- Names and Addresses of three references; one of which must be a reputable Professional Librarian and another, the current or immediate past employer.
Applications should be forwarded to:
Federal University, Gashua,
P.M.B. 1005, Gashua,
- Candidate’s submissions should be forwarded in a sealed envelope which should have the position applied clearly indicated on its left hand corner.
- Candidates should also request their referees to send reports on them, under confidential cover to the "Registrar, Federal University, Gashua".