Willers Solutions Limited - Our client, an integrated Oil and Gas firm is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Legal Associate
- Oversee and manage product liability litigation caseload and other cases of company-wide significance
- Develop and execute litigation strategy, manage discovery obligations, manage outside counsel, determine proper case disposition, and monitor litigation budgets expenses.
- Evaluate and manage pre-litigation disputes.
- Advise business units concerning various matters, including product warnings, product use instructions, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Lead or participate in significant internal investigations.
- Strategic and commercially aware and be fully familiar with the firm’s current business strategy.
- Technically sound across a sufficiently wide area to work without significant supervision.
- Develop and maintain good client relationship skills, gaining clients’ confidence and that of other professionals.
- Provide high quality legal service to all clients.
- Offer advice on the law, legal procedures and a wide range of associated issues.
- Attend and represent the firm at client meetings.
- Draw up contracts and other legal documents.
- Research documents and case history to ensure accuracy of advice and procedures.
- Represent clients in Courts where required.
- Work and behave in a professional manner and to the highest standards of the profession.
- Maintain high standards of professional conduct while generating adequate practice income, ensuring that the fees earned sufficiently exceed total costs and expenses incurred.
- Carry out duties given by the partners faithfully and diligently and follow all reasonable instructions.
- Participate in the growth and development of the firm.
- Treat all information about the firm and its client and their business as wholly confidential
- Keep up to date with changes in the law.
Application Closing Date
- A minimum of LL.B, BL and LL.M .
- A minimum of fifteen 10 years post NYSC experience in an E&P company with a track record of International and Local Oil & Gas law.
- The ideal candidate must be a seasoned and consummate Lawyer who has gathered experience from different chambers with in-depth knowledge, experience and hand-on in international and Local Oil & Gas contract drafting, vetting, agreements, litigation and arbitration proceeding in an E&P company. He or she must be able to lead, handle and deliver concurrent contracts on the job.
- Higher qualification will be an added advantage
- Candidate must be a team player, self-motivated and must be proficient in the use of IT Software.
- Must be capable of providing support in the planning and execution of company projects.
15th July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in MS Word Format to: [email protected]
using "Senior Legal Associate" as the subject of the mail.
Only qualified candidates would be shortlisted.