Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant II: Support Finalization of the integrated multi-disease program DQA tool, and the Review of the National DQA Strategy, Including Updating/Reviewing an Integrated DQA SOP For Inclusion in National Data Management Tool
Job ID: 13-10733
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A607 - Nigeria Global Fund RSSH
Reports To: Director: HIMIS
The overarching aim of the GF Resilient & Sustainable Systems for Health [RSSH] project is to improve the health and well-being of the Nigerian people by identifying and addressing systemic issues affecting the optimal delivery of health services in Nigeria. The resulting high-level interventions have been designed to follow the Global Fund’s framework for [RSSH] that is built on the essential building blocks of WHO for a well-functioning health system, including community systems strengthening (CSS) as another critical component to be addressed in support of RSSH.
The RSSH grant is designed to strengthen the Nigerian health system across the HIV, TB, and malaria program areas. In doing so it will have interventions targeted at the HMIS, PSM & Lab system strengthening areas. There is also the additional dimension of the innovative "State approach" to be piloted in the three states of Oyo, Kaduna & Imo. The state approach covers elements like public financial management, support for health insurance and health sector coordination among others.
FMOH recently reviewed the various data collection tools and reporting forms for use in the various levels of the health system (primary, secondary and tertiary). These changes in these tools need to be incorporated in the existing DQA tool to ensure that it could be used to capture required information from all tools during subsequent DQA activities.
In line with specific intervention targeted strengthening Health Management Information system, the project team is proposing a short term technical assistance to Support Finalization of the integrated multi-disease program DQA tool, and the review of the national DQA strategy, including updating/reviewing an integrated DQA SOP for inclusion in national data management tool.
- The key objective for the short-term technical assistance is to Support the Finalization of the integrated multi-disease program DQA tool, and the review of the national DQA strategy, including updating/reviewing an integrated DQA SOP for inclusion in national data management tool.
- Review the existing DQA tools, the revised data collection and reporting tools (for use at the primary, secondary and tertiary levels), national DQA strategy and integrated DQA SOP
- Work with the appropriate FMOH personnel and stakeholders to update the integrated multi disease DQA tools (based on the revised data collection and reporting tools for primary, secondary and tertiary sites) and also update the national DQA strategy as well as the integrated DQA SOP
- Facilitate 2 days residential workshop to finalize the documents with stakeholders as appropriate
- Submit a clean copy of the three documents to FMOH
- Estimated level of effort: 15 working days
Qualifications and Experience
- Final version of the integrated multi-disease program DQA tool, national DQA strategy, and integrated DQA SOP
- Comprehensive report of the workshop
- Comprehensive activity report
Application Closing Date
- The Consultant will be a graduate with at least 8 years of developing or working on DQA tools which could include integrated multi-disease program DQA tool, national DQA strategy, and integrated DQA SOP and; have evidence of work done in Nigeria
- S/he must be competent in Health System Strengthening with special emphasis on development of guidance documents – SOPs, job aids, etc
- S/he must show proven understanding of Current National DQA/HMIS Strategy and area(s) of improvement.
19th July, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online