The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world's leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people affected by war and natural disasters. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR/Admin Intern
Requisition ID: req5761
: Maiduguri, Borno
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
- The HR Intern will play an important role in supporting the HR Operations team but also have the opportunity to recommend improvements and impact real change.
Key Working Relationship:
- Position Reports to: Admin/HR Officer.
- Filing of NHF, Health Insurance form, Time sheet, leave request and all staff document to their respective files.
- Assist in updating files, scanning of document and scanning and photo copy of payroll document, labeling of all staff files accordingly.
- Assist in hotel and accommodation tracking and payments
- Assist with onboarding and orientation of new hires
- Tracking of leave request form, staff movement, timesheet, contract tracking and travel document and document for payment.
- Adhere to and act in accordance with the IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures, and communicates through word and example a high standard of compliance with all applicable policies and regulations.
- Support recruitment exercise including sorting, long and shortlisting of applications
- Support in creation of new staff personal files
- Updating the existing personal files, ensuring that they all have the necessary information
- General organization of HR Office documents/paperwork
- Arrangement of hotel bookings and reservations for national and international staff to the field office after receipt of approved /filled Travel Authorization Forms(TAF’s)
- Ensure that all hotels booking’s are made in writing and copies of booking/accompanying TAF’s are available in Admin Office for record/tracking purposes.
- Processing and reconciliation of accommodation and hotels bookings related payments by COB every Friday.
- Track and monitor all IRC offices and homes administration and maintenance
- Assure that all facilities are well functioning, including housekeeping, office supplies, electricity, maintenance and repair, internet and other communications functions in the field office.
- Assure proper use and functionality of office equipment.
- Maintain proper records of all correspondence.
- Assist in procurement and distribution of monthly airtime by 30 of each month for new month distribution.
- Regular supervision of Cleaners and Cooks in the GH and Offices.
- Any other official duties assigned by the supervisor
- Opportunity for an understanding and inner-working of Global HR in an international non-profit setting
- Strengthen communication skills and understanding cultural sensitivities
- Demonstrate leadership skills while working in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Good understanding of full-cycle recruiting
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Candidate should have the desire to learn about all aspects of HR
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills, including ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to communicate fluently and effectively in English, Hausa and or Kanuri
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to multi-task, learn quickly, and work independently and productively in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Application Closing Date
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree or Master's program in Human Resource Management, Public Administration or recent graduate.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.