Sellafield Energy Resources Limited - Our client is an integrated indigenous EPCI company in Nigeria construction and engineering services to the energy sector, they currently have vacancy for a suitably qualified person to join its team in the capacity below:
Job Title: Senior Instrumentations Engineer
Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Preparation of Instrumentation Specifications, Philosophies, Lists, Requisitions, calculations, schedules and drawings for procurement, installation and commissioning of installations (Brownfield and Greenfield Projects) for Conceptual studies/Basic Engineering, Front End Engineering design (FEED), Detailed Engineering Design (DED) Projects.
- Prepare Instrumentation Philosophies (SIS, PAS, FGS, metering, tagging), Control and Safeguarding narratives.
- Prepare Instrumentation Specifications (SIS, PAS, FGS, metering, control panel, control system, cable, pressure instruments, temperature instruments, level instruments, flow instruments, shutdown and blow down valves, general instruments)
- Prepare instrument lists, instrument datasheets, I/O list cable schedule, Alarm and trip settings, Cause and effect matrix (including the F&G cause and effect matrix) and MTO for instruments.
- Prepare utility consumption calculations for power and instrument air
- Prepare RFQs ( instruments, control systems, control panels)
- Review of Instrumentation drawings (location drawings, interconnection drawings, cable termination drawings, cable tray/route drawings, cable block diagrams, control system block diagrams, shutdown logic diagrams, function block logic diagrams, hook-up drawings for various instruments, FAR layout drawings, junction box termination drawings, level coordination sketches,).
- Review and tagging of P& ID
- Prepare engineering calculation spreadsheets.
- Takes entire responsibility for the execution of detailed design and ensuring compliance with the project specification
- Liaise with other departments, clients, vendor, subcontractors, third parties and approving authority.
- Participate in inter-disciplines, project, client, vendor, subcontractors and third parties meetings.
- Participate in design review such as HAZOP, SIL classification, Independent Design Review Constructibility review, P&ID review and 3D model review meetings
- Perform Inter-discipline check and Job assignments
- Perform Instrumentation engineering review activities on documents/drawings produced out by other Engineers, Designers and CAD Operators.
- Prepare scope of work, man-hour and cost estimates for proposals
- Provide professional advice to peers in Instrumentation engineering design
- Prepare instrumentation cost time ratios (CTRs) for project Bids.
- Perform site verification and mark-up for Projects.
- Proven Instrumentation engineering expertise and competency in Basic Design, FEED and Detailed design
- Ability to use SPI INTOOLS to produce project database ( modules: index, specification, wiring, loop, calculation, process data, hook-ups and can create a database using the administrator module)
- Ability to use INSTRUCALC for valve sizing, flow element calculations
- Proficient in the use of Instrumentation Vendor softwares like Segment design tool 5.3.0(Emerson), Instrument toolkit (Emerson), SRVS6.2 (consolidated), ValspeQ (Masoneilan), Design Mate(FF), Aspire 2, Aspire E, PRV2SIZE(PENTAIR)
- Familiar with relevant engineering standards Total GS, DEP, ISA, ASME , ANSI , AGA , IEC, API, PIP and other company related standards.
- Ability to use various software packages (Adobe editing, Microsoft Excel, Word and Power point)
- Familiar with control/safety systems like HIMA, ALLEN BRADLEY, YOKOGAWA, EMERSON DELTA V, INVENSYS-Triconnex.
- Experienced in the field instruments specification and selection
- Excellent communication interpersonal and team skills.
- Proficient in the selection of protocols (HART, MODBUS, PROFIBUS and Foundation FIELDBUS) for communication.
Application Closing Date
- Offshore experience is needed and shall be an added advantage
- B.Eng. Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related field
- M.Sc. is an added advantage
- Min. 10 years in similar role.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online