AVID HR Consulting is made up of professionals with proven expertise in all the key areas of Human Resource Management. We are a young and dynamic team with over 50 years combined experience in Business and People Management. With the increasingly flexible and constantly changing corporate landscape, our Clients can rely on our dedicated approach to cultivating tailor-made HR solutions specific to their needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Support Officer
Zip/Postal Code: 101001
Job Type: Full time
Industry: Financial Services
- The IT Support Analyst will provide front-line primary technical support to end users on various technical issues and problems relating to hardware, software and peripherals.
- He will also be responsible for responding to, documenting and resolving service tickets in a timely manner according to SLA. The IT Support Analyst must have excellent problem solving skills in order to diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problem situations, or when appropriate, escalate or route them to appropriate IT staff members.
- The Support Analyst will also perform root cause analysis, develop checklists for typical problems and recommend procedures and controls for problem prevention. This position will support multiple platforms including desktops, servers, software, laptops, mobile devices and videoconferencing equipment. This position may require independent work, sharing information and assisting others with work orders.
- An IT Support Specialist’s main duty is to offer assistance to computer system users.
- This may be with hardware, such as desktop computers, printers, scanners or handheld devices or it may be with software programs. The IT Support Specialist will generally track all instances of support by creating IT tickets using ticket-tracking software.
- They will update the status of each ticket as they successfully assist each user with their issues.
- Their assistance may be conducted in person for internal users or on the phone when assisting external users. Good customer service skills are important for IT Support staff.
Maintain and Upgrade Systems:
- IT Support is in charge of keeping current systems updated and running smoothly. They are also tasked with upgrading the system and its components when the need arises. They conduct research and provide cost analysis data when upgrading or purchasing new hardware, software or equipment.
- IT Support Specialists may be tasked with overseeing an organizations data, including client information and internal information. This aspect of the job includes maintaining, backing up and securing databases, as well as restoring files as needed.
Person Specification (Education, skill, knowledge):
- A technical, logical thought process
- Problem-solving skills
- An ability to stick to strict deadlines
- A keen eye for detail
- Also worth noting is the occasionally physical nature of the role as they may have to lift and carry heavy equipment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- IT certification supplemented by continued knowledge to maintain expert knowledge of the IT profession.
- 3-5 years in a similar role.
Knowledge and Skills:
- One to Three years of hands-on experience working in an end-user desktop support role or computer operations environment required.
- Microsoft Office 2007 to 2013
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, XP and Vista
- Windows Server 2003 and 2008 and 2012
- Remote Desktop support
- Small Business Server 2008/2011
- Active Directory and Exchange
- Advanced printer / peripheral device troubleshooting
- TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
- Remote support for handheld smartphones and tablets.
Application Closing Date
- Experience with technical writing for documentation or instruction
- Hardware and software certification such as, A+
- Program certifications such as, Cisco and Microsoft Windows.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online