Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assessment and Standards Advisor
Job ref.: MGMTA01642
Job type: Full-Time
- Creative is seeking an Assessment and Standards Advisor for an anticipated donor-funded project in Nigeria aiming to enable more effective state and non-state systems to deliver foundational skills to all children.
- The Assessment and Standards Advisor will be responsible for coordinating the development of English early literacy standards with government stakeholders and international STTA, ensuring alignment with Hausa standards and with overall literacy expectations for Nigeria.
- The advisor will work closely with the project technical teams to provide technical guidance and support field activities to improve teachers’ ability to use continuous assessment and assess their progress; improve reading standards and benchmarks; and strengthen school monitoring practices.
- S/he will also work closely with the Ministry of Education in the areas of student assessment and reading standards and benchmark setting and dissemination.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position is housed in Abuja, Nigeria, reporting to the Team Leader.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Coordinate the development of English early literacy standards with government stakeholders and international STTA, ensuring alignment with Hausa standards and with overall literacy expectations for Nigeria;
- Integrate reading standards and benchmarks and relevant student assessment-related content into the project-related workshops, trainings and other events and ensure its wide dissemination;
- Support the Ministry of Education and partner organizations in the review and revision of reading standards and benchmarks;
- Managing support staff and consultants as needed to ensure the smooth implementation of project activities teams in the areas of continuous assessment, school monitoring, and standards and benchmark-setting;
- Ensure the timely production, coordination, and reporting of all data: quarterly reports, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data, financial information, etc.;
- Lead regular meetings and maintain regular communication with state level team counterparts, to ensure coherent planning, M&E practices, and project troubleshooting; and
- Represent the project in major state meetings and events as appropriate.
Application Closing Date
- Master’s Degree in education;
- At least eight (8) years of experience in the education sector, with at least five (5) years of a leadership role in a conflict or crisis-affected country context;
- At least five (5) years of relevant technical experience working with activities that are of a similar scope to this activity;
- At least five (5) years’ technical experience in developing and implementing M&E plans and results-based management; and
- Professional proficiency and fluency in written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Position contingent upon donor funding.