Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Teacher, Education Advisor
Requisition Number: TEACH01644
Job Type: Full-Time
Reporting & Supervision
- Creative is seeking a Teacher Education Advisor for an anticipated donor-funded project in Nigeria aiming to enable more effective state and non-state systems to deliver foundational skills to all children.
- The Teacher Education Advisor will be responsible for providing technical leadership for all teacher education activities, including leading and coordinating the teacher education and systems support activities at the state level.
- The position requires experience with teacher training policy and practice, designing programs for data collection and analysis, and personnel management.
- This position is housed in Abuja, Nigeria, reporting to the Team Leader.
Lead integrated state and Local Government Education Authorities, State Universal Basic Education Board, and School Based Management Committee working groups and steering committees in the following tasks:
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Identification of education priorities
- Assessment of education standards
- Review and strengthen instructional quality and teacher performance assessments
- Strengthen instructional quality standards
- Ensure technical coordination of state-level activities and obtain support from directorates and local government authorities as needed;
- Manage support staff and consultants as needed to ensure the smooth implementation of project activities across technical areas;
- Ensure the timely production, coordination, and reporting of all data: quarterly reports, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) data, financial information, etc.;
- Lead regular meetings and maintain regular communication with state level team counterparts, to ensure coherent planning, M&E practices, and project troubleshooting; and
- Represent the project in major state meetings and events as appropriate.
Application Closing Date
- Master's Degree in Education;
- At least eight (8) years of experience in the education sector, with at least five (5) years of a leadership role in a conflict or crisis-affected country context;
- At least five (5) years of relevant technical experience working with activities that are of a similar scope to this activity;
- At least five (5) years’ technical experience in developing and implementing M&E plans and results-based management;
- Professional proficiency and fluency in written and spoken English.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online