GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project, helping developers collaborate on code to build great things and ship on time. We are an active participant in our global community of customers and contributors, trying to serve their needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write. We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Designer
What you can expect in a Product Designer role at GitLab:
Projects you might work on:
- You'll help improve the overall experience of our product through research and design.
- You'll define the product goals, roadmap, and strategy, all to solve user problems.
- You’ll work alongside UX Researchers, Product Managers, and Engineers to iterate on new features within the GitLab product.
- You’ll communicate your design thinking and ideas through wireframes, prototypes, user flows, mockups, and hi-fidelity visual designs.
- You’ll engage with our user base and the wider GitLab community to understand their pain points and work toward long-term fixes that enable them to succeed with their goals.
- You’ll undertake usability testing to validate your thinking. (We’ve got an excellent team of UX Researchers who can offer guidance, as needed.)
- You’ll share findings from research and testing with the wider team, ensuring recommendations are communicated effectively across our organization.
- You’ll contribute to our Design System, alongside the rest of the UX team and the GitLab community as a whole.
You should apply if:
- We have vacancies across our Create, Secure, Defend, Monitor, Package, Configure, Release & Verify, Growth, Geo, Fulfillment, Ecosystem, and Distribution stage groups. We work using Agile methodologies and ship features monthly.
Application Closing Date
- You’ve got at least a few years of experience designing developer tools, enterprise software, or complex web applications.
- You enjoy getting involved in research and usability testing, and you continually look to improve your user research abilities.
- You want to design for a complex product with technical users who have continually evolving needs.
- You’ve got a portfolio of work that shows us your product design skills across user research, UX strategy, wireframing, prototyping, product strategy, and visual design.
- The idea of playing a key part in the evolution of our Pajamas Design System is truly exciting to you.
- Our values of collaboration, results, efficiency, diversity, iteration, and transparency resonate with you.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online