The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria - An International Development Organization is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
: Monguno, Borno
Contract Term: Fulltime
Reporting & Supervision
- The Driver is responsible for operating a vehicle owned by the organization to provide transportation services to the employees and visitors of the organization; to move expendable and non-expendable supplies, equipment and furnishings, as necessary; ensure that preventive maintenance of the vehicle is performed on a regular basis.
- The driver will also support with logistics services within the office.
- This Driver position will be based in Monguno, Borno State with frequent travel to other programmatic locations.
- The Driver reports technically to the Guest House Manager and administratively to the Junior Program Manager in Monguno.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Assist the project staff in obtaining and facilitating movement to different project sites.
- Arrange for vehicle repairs, when necessary, and ensure that the vehicle is kept in good working condition.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, maintenance, oil changes, etc.
- Ensure that all required procedures and laws are adhered to when driving.
- Collect and deliver mail or other type of correspondence, when required.
- Provide safe transportation to passengers.
- Assist in moving supplies, equipment and furnishings, as necessary, from one location to another.
- Assist the GHM to secure the office assets and ensure usage in compliance with operational guidelines
- Assist in organizing and preparing the office for meetings;
- Assist the GHM with Inventory management, filing and documentation of operational forms as required;
- Provide airport pick-up/drop-off services to official visitors of the project.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned by Managers
Application Closing Date
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience driving a motor vehicle is required. At least 1-2 years of experience with an International Organization is preferred.
- Computer literate
- Excellent knowledge of different regions in the country is required.
- Working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of driving.
- Valid Nigerian Driver’s license is required.
- Clean driving record/history is required.
- Excellent Communication skills are required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Fluency in English and one of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is preferred.
26th July, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below to: [email protected]
referencing the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and Resume/CV.
- A current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities; AND
- A Cover Letter.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.