Federal Ministry of Science and Technology - The Nigerian Building and Road Research Institute (NBRRI) is one of the parastatals under the aegis of the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology (FMST). It was established on 1st April 1978 by the Federal Government under the National Science and Technology Development Agency Bill (Now Act) 1977 Research Institute (Establishment) Order 1977.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Nigerian to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director General/Chief Executive Officer
Conditions for Eligibility
- We seek to recruit Director-General/Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian Building and Road Research Institute (NBRRI), Abuja. The Institute has the national mandate for Research and Development in Building and Road Research.
- The successful candidate appointed as the substantive Director-General/CEO shall be responsible through the NBRRI Governing Board to the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology for the attainment of the mandate of the Institute.
To apply, a candidate must:
Condition of Service
- Possess at least a Ph.D in Science and at last 15 years demonstrable Research experience in Science and Technology with verifiable background in Building and Road including service as Director (Research) in a Research Institute or its equivalent.
- Have had extensive relevant research experience as evidenced by at least 25 scientific publications in reputable local and international peer reviewed journals relevant to Building and Road Technology.
- Have obtained his/her first Degree/Higher National Diploma from a recognized Institution.
- Possession of experience in the Management of a Research Organization will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable evidence of computer literacy is mandatory.
- Membership of local and international Professional bodies in the built environment as well as possession of patent rights in the Built Environment or related Sector will be an added advantage.
- Applicants who would have attained 60 years of age by 3 December, 2019 need not apply.
Application Closing Date
- The tenure of the post is 4 years but renewable based on performance:
- Conditions of Service are as provided for Political, Public and Judicial Office Holders (Salaries and Allowances etc. (Amendment) Bill 2008) and applied to Federal Government Research Institute which may be modified from time to time by competent Federal Authorities.
26th August, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit soft copies (on re-writable CD) and fifteen (15) hard copies of their Application; current and detailed CV accompanied with photocopies of Credentials giving the following information;
- Personal Particulars:
- Full Name, Date and Place of Birth, State of Origin, Marital Status, Physical and Electronic contact Addresses.
- Educational Background:
- Institutions attended with Dates, Qualifications obtained with Dates, Membership of Professional Bodies, Prizes, Distinctions/Awards obtained.
- Work Experience:
- Present Employer, Position and Salary; Previous Positions held with Dates;
- List of Publications (starting from the most recent) in reputable Scientific journals;
- Leisure and spare time activities/hobbies;
- Any other relevant information in support of application;
- Names and addresses of three referees (not relations) who shall be able to testify to the applicant’s academic/professional competence as well as conduct and character and be ready to send their reports(s) directly to the Honourable Minister of Science and Technology within the valid period of submitting application.
All Applications should be addressed and sent to:
The Honourable Minister,
Federal Ministry of Science and Technology,
New Federal Secretariat,
Phase II, Shehu Shagari Way,
P.M.B 331, Abuja
Only short-listed applicants will be invited for interview