SA&B Mega Resource Limited is a fully integrated Marketing Communications company with immense capacity to provide bespoke and premium 360 degree communication and marketing solutions to its exclusive clientele.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Editor
Job Type: Full Time
Employment Type: Staff
Job Field: Editor/journalism/Business Development
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Make it Global is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork, Make It Global community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
- The Assistant Editor is responsible for writing, editing and publishing content on Make It Global for distribution on various digital platforms.
- This position will serve as the chief editorial storyteller for the editor department, producing a steady diet of profiles, features, event coverage and historical pieces that showcase news, politics, entertainment etc.
- The ideal candidate for this position is passionate for the craft of writing and believes in the power of news, politics, entertainment to entertain, engage and inspire audiences of all ages and backgrounds.
Education/Requirements (Essential Requirements)
- Ability to attract advert sales and generate revenue profitably for the margazine
- Serve as the assistant editorial, covering all aspect of Make it Global news.
- Research, write and publish report with an eye towards thoughtful, creative and compelling narratives that stretch beyond notes and quotes, and will help increase interest and engagement among viewers across all platforms.
- Assist in the short and long-term strategic content planning for Make It Global Magazine, providing ideas for stories, coverage and distribution.
- Help mentor communications staff members in honing their writing skills and ensure that all editorial is meeting department guidelines for accuracy and tone.
- Monitor all industries for new trends and styles in writing and coverage.
- Assist the sales and services departments with copy-writing for collateral projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism or a related field required.
Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- 3 - 5 years of increasing experience in covering sports for a newspaper, digital media property or related publishing venture.
- Ability to travel and work nights and weekends when required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Application Closing Date
- Strong writing and editing skills, including knowledge of AP style.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and think critically.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of social media and how to engage audiences on different platforms.
- Familiarity with content management platforms and desktop publishing software.
- Strong attention to detail and multi-task orientated.
31st August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, Profile showing work done/ stories you have covered and CV to: [email protected]
using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.