The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Coordinator
- The Medical Coordinator plans, designs, leads, coaches and coordinates the implementation of the overall medical content, strategies, activities and resources in Borno mission in order to facilitate the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve population health condition, its humanitarian living conditions and disease prevention.
- This will be done in close collaboration with the Head of Mission, other departments and other local authorities and following the corporate ALIMA ethos and values, health policies, protocols, and operational plan; and monitoring medical and humanitarian situation in the country.
Experiences & Skills
- S/he is responsible to define, monitor and update the medical content of the ALIMA country policy, annual plan and budget, by scanning health needs through exploratory missions and implementation of health information system, elaborating, monitoring and reviewing project proposals, determining,
- S/he advices the HoM about the medical and health aspects of the program
- S/he is the medical representative of ALIMA towards the local medical authorities and the medical stakeholders
- S/he participates in the program definition and implements the methods and means to achieve the objectives
- S/he defines and updates the medical objectives according the indicators, the health context and ethical principles
- S/he participates in the HR management of the medical team (training, individual reviews, path careers identification, support) in close coordination with HR manager
- S/he facilitates the understanding of the medical stakes linked to the program and conveys these to the association
- S/he follows the prevention and curative aspects of national and international team health
- This will be done ensuring linkage with the community, its proximity by safe-guarding medical ethics and the quality of medical programming (ie. Relevance, effectiveness, safety, accessibility and appropriateness of ALIMA’ s medical interventions, as well as “best practices” clinical management of patients.).
- Essential, Degree in Medicine or other Paramedical Studies. Specialization in tropical medicine or a degree in Public Health would be an asset
- Essential, working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs and previous humanitarian experience in ALIMA or other NGOs in developing countries
- Essential working experience of one year as a Medical Coordinator
- Fluent English; local working language like Hausa/Kanuri would be an asset.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Strategic Vision
- Rigorous, autonomy and organized
- Adapting Capacities and Proactivity
- Ability to work in multicultural context
- Risk Alert, and good communication
Application Closing Date
- Contract term: contract under French law, contract length: 12 months
- Position to be filled: As soon as possible
- Salary: depending on experience + per diem ALIMA pays for:
- Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
- Accommodation costs
- Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the Mission country for the employee
- Evacuation of the employee
2nd August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online