The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Coordinator
Mission & Objectives
Tasks & Responsabilities
- Guarantee proper management of Alima’s resources in the mission, while managing and supervising the accounting of the mission, following the budgets of the missions, planning and securing the treasury and making the reporting for HQ and the Donors.
Experience & Competencies
- The FINCO contribute to the definition of the Strategy of the mission with the Coordinaiton Team
- The FINCO apply, reinforce and supervise the respect of the procedures and tools of Alima in the mission, in order to secure the resources & improve the quality of the management of the missions, in order to allow better operations for our beneficiaries.
- He supervises and guarantee a proper accounting for the mission, with SAGA Software.
- He defines the procedures of treasury management for the mission to secure the resources of Alima.
- He provides to the mission and HQ, a good visibility and risks on budget of the mission, with regular follow-up of the budgets, and consolidate the planning of expenses with the projects & coordination.
- He realises the budget propal for Donors and the financial report to Donors, in respect of Donors procedures and Alima’s requirements.
- He recruits, managed and supervised the finance team of the mission.
- He takes actions for the prevention of Fraud & Corruption and alerts HQ on the risks on resources in the missions.
- He manages audits that occurred in the mission and actively participate to HQ audit for what concerns its mission.
- University degree in Finance, Administration, and Human Resources
- Minimum 5 years’ experiences in Finance management
- Experience in a similar position for at least 1 year.
- Experience with medical international NGO, an asset.
- Team management and supervision skills.
- Knowledge of Donors and experience in Financial Reports.
- Perfect knowledge of MS Office package, especially ExceL
- Knowledge of Saga (Finance software) is appreciated
- Rigorous, autonomy and organized
- Adapting Capacities and Proactivity
- Ability to work in multicultural context
- Risk Alert, and good communication
- Contract term: contract under French law, 6 months, renewable
- Salary: depending on experience + per diem
ALIMA Pays For:
Application Closing Date
- Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
- Accommodation costs
- Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee
- Evacuation of the employe
31st July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online