Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client, an inbound logistics service provider in Sub Saharan Africa. Due to internal expansion, they are looking to fill in the position below:
Job Title: Insurance Manager
Overall Purpose of Job
- Insurance Manager oversees the insurance value chain within the organization-the insurance cover for general cargo, goods-in-transit, marine insurance, etc. and will manage the relationships with clients and insurance companies.
- Building and maintaining business relationships with clients
- Scheduling and attending meetings
- Discussing and assessing clients' current and future insurance needs
- Researching insurance policies and products
- Negotiating policy terms and costs with insurance providers
- Keeping detailed computer records
- Preparing reports for insurance underwriters
- Advising clients on making claims on their policies
- Renewing or amending existing policies for clients, if required.
- Undertaking general administrative duties
- Adhere to legal requirements, industry regulations and customer quality standards set by the company.
- Sales and marketing services
Key skills for insurance manager:
- Confident negotiation skills
- Reliability and Honesty
- Excellent Time Management
- Decision –Making
- Analytical Skills
- Accuracy and Attention to detail
- Interpersonal Skills
- Verbal and Written Skills
- A Degree in any subject is acceptable, although business/management-related or numerical degrees, such as Economics or Mathematics, may be beneficial.
- Postgraduate insurance and risk management qualifications can be advantageous.
Application Closing Date
- OND/HND/B.Sc. Certificate in related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years working experience.
- Relevant banking and/or insurance experience gained via internships and work experience placements will be useful.
- Prospects with professional certifications with chartered insurance institutes will be at an advantage.
30th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
with the title of the role as the subject of the mail. The body of the mail should outline Total years of relevant experience to the role, Location and Age.
- Please read Role necessities very carefully and apply if qualified.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- If after 2 weeks of application you do not hear from us, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.