Olam Nigeria is a leading company in the Agricultural and Packaged Foods sector in Nigeria and has been the leading exporter in Nigeria's non-oil sector in the last several years.
At Olam manufacturing has become an essential part of our growth story & Manufacturing, Innovation & Procurement Services (MIPS) as a function plays a critical role globally. MIPS manages a network of 210 manufacturing plants and 2 Development centers across 10 Business units in 19 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Imported RM Manager - AFP
Functional Area: Procurement
Department/Product: Animal Feeds & Proteins (AFP)
Overview of Position
- AFP is one of the 5 BUs in Grains (a prioritized platform in Olam). AFP currently has a large operation in Nigeria, consisting of 2 Poultry feed mills (annual capacity – 720 TMT p.a.). 1 Fish Feed mill (84 TMT p.a., expandable to 150 TMT), and Sub-Saharan Africa’s largest breeding & hatchery facility to produce 45 million day-old-chicks (DOC) per annum. This business has been operational since Sep’17 and has leadership status in all its key verticals (Poultry Feed, Fish Feed and Broiler & Layer DOC).
- The Imported RM (IRM) Manager will be responsible for cost-effective sourcing and delivery of all imported RM (Animal-origin meals, Amino acids, Vitamins & Minerals and other additives) through a diverse global supplier base to our feed mills in Nigeria.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop a thorough understanding of all IRM used in PF & FF.
- Set up systems for a 6-month rolling plan for all IRM, factoring in the updated sales forecasts (from Poultry & Fish Feed PCHs), formulations (from Head- Nutrition) and inventory constraints (from Ilorin & Kaduna Plant managers).
- The plan should cover end-to-end inventory including at factories, domestic in-transit, at port, on waters and ordered-not-shipped.
- Regular review on min-max norms for each IRM to ensure no stock-outs while optimizing working capital.
- Regularly collect market data/insights from suppliers and other sources and share with Head- Procurement to take informed buying decisions.
- Work out the factory landed cost for each order and obtain approvals before placing firm orders.
- Work closely with Finance to efficiently manage LC opening, Form M and Supplier financing (to minimize Working Capital).
- Negotiate ocean freights and other terms with liners and port authorities (mostly through suppliers).
- Manage different licenses in advance for critical raw material from customs or any other department.
Imported RM Documentation & Clearing:
- Fully understand and manage documentation e.g. Bill of lading, Invoice, Packing List, HS Codes, Form M, Packing List, Certificate of Origin, PQ certificates, Quarantine, NAFDAC requirements etc. required for clearing of shipments.
- Fully understand and manage the SOPs under customs duty payment, port clearances and domestic logistics through CHAs to deliver the imported RM to our factories.
- Effectively manage the import documentation, Daily / weekly maintenance of CHA payments master import master
- Actively control any cost over-runs through proper understanding of D&D rules for different liners, free days management / negotiation post facto etc.
- Support on Clearing & Logistics for non-RM imported items (equipment, spares, samples etc.)
- IRM Purchase Manager
- Logistics Manager
- Documentation Officer
- Accounts Officer
Application Closing Date
- Min. 5 years of work experience handling similar responsibilities.
- Good team and external stakeholder management skills
- Prior experience working for reputed liners (MSC, Maersk etc.) or CHAs will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online