Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) - OVC Programme
Ref Id: sfh-63224
North East/North West
- The DFO is responsible for overseeing activity operations, including but not limited to, human resources, logistics, procurement, sub-awards, and accounting/finance.
- DFO will develop the financial capacities of all relevant staff and sub-awardees under this award.
- /He will ensure internal control measures; conduct internal audits; and coordinate external financial audits as required.
- S/He will prepare budgets for annual work plans and will prepare financial reports for USAID. The DFO and will be based in one of the states in North East/North West Nigeria.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance or equivalent, and an ACA/ACCA/CPA, or other recognized professional accounting qualification
- A minimum of 7 (seven) years of progressively responsible experience in overseeing financial operations and management of large-scale, complex development activities in developing countries;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience overseeing the procurement administration and financial management and reporting of a USG-funded activity
- S/He must have the ability to develop and manage large budgets, with in-depth knowledge of USG Cost Accounting Standards.
- S/He must have excellent organisational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English; supervisory skills; and ability to work well on a team
- S/He must have experience managing sub-awards for USG funding; and experience in building the financial management capacity of CSOs
- Demonstrated experience with coordinating, analysing and reporting financial performance, financial forecasting and budget variance analysis
- Demonstrated experience managing operations, including managing people and performance.
Skills and competencies:
Application Closing Date
- The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, and organisational skills; a thorough understanding of USAID financial guidelines and rules, international accounting standards and Nigerian tax and fiscal policies.
- Hands-on experience using an ERP and/or financial management MIS with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Requires a high level of creativity and innovation and the ability to maintain operational efficiency in a fast-paced work environment.
2nd August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Follow the instructions during application and a confirmation mail will be sent to you upon completion of your application. Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and email addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievement
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply