Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Security Specialist
- This position will be responsible for the security services for an HIV project in Bauchi and Adamawa state.
- The Project Security Specialist is responsible for ensuring the security of employees, visitors to the project, physical assets, inventory, proprietary information and intellectual assets of the organisation by providing strategic direction, tactical management, emergency planning, threat mitigation and disaster recovery strategies.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Security, Criminology or related field. Professional membership in Security Administration will be an added advantage;
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in overseeing security management and operations in private/commercial or non-governmental organisation
- Must be retired in Military, not below the rank of Major/Squadron Leader/Lieutenant Commander
- S/He should have a background of intelligence crime detention, prevention and control of crime
- S/He should have extensive knowledge of facility and organisational security requirements and regulations
- S/He should have a deep and thorough knowledge of various security considerations in Northeast Nigeria gathered from the experience of working in the states of the zone
- S/He should have the ability to plan and develop security training programmes, prepare written procedures and instructions, and to organise observed facts into activity and incident reports, and security programme reports.
Skills and Competencies:
Application Closing Date
- Security management and operations
- Crime investigation
- Intelligence policing and gathering
- Disaster recovery strategies
- Computer literacy
- Skilled on the use of Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
2nd August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Follow the instructions during application and a confirmation mail will be sent to you upon completion of your application. Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and email addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievement
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply.