FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach to human development. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve - improving lives for millions.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer
Requisition No: 2019201360
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Technical Advisor, Community and Prevention, Care and Treatment
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Senior Technical Officer will be in the lead technical expert at state-level and be responsible for all technical, administrative, programmatic, and monitoring and evaluation responsibilities related to the program within Bayelsa State.
- S/he will liaise with the EpiC Technical Advisor, EpiC Strategic Information Advisor and Government of Nigeria (GoN) counterparts responsible for state-level implementation and health management information systems.
- The position will be based in the FHI 360 office in Bayelsa state.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Lead technical capacity strengthening efforts with GoN counterparts and local KP-led implementing partners.
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation activities for the state, including reporting, in close coordination with EpiC SI Advisor at Abuja level.
- Oversee, implement and monitor activities within state, including monitoring the performance of implementing partners
- Build capacity of KP-led implementing partners to monitor, document and analyze the performance of their HIV services with a focus on pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), self-testing (HIVST), testing and counseling (HTS), linkage to care activities and ensure data quality.
- Oversee EpiC staff assigned to Bayelsa, ensuring close coordination
- Liaise with GoN counterparts at state level
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MBBS, BS/BA in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Laboratory sciences, Anatomy, Nursing, Public health, statistics, pharmacy or similar degree with minimum of 3 -5 years relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of anti-retroviral therapy (ART) and prevention (HTS, gender, condom, STIs, etc.) in resource constrained settings.
- Or MPH/M.Sc. in relevant area with 5-7 years of experience will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 2-5 years practical or demonstrable experience in monitoring and evaluation or data management within a PEPFAR- or other USG-funded comprehensive HIV services program in Nigeria.
- Demonstrated understanding of implementation of combination prevention in KP program and comprehensive HIV services including HTS, partner notification services (PNS), ICT, ART, VL optimization, and referrals.
- Previous experience working with USAID or PEPFAR supported program and KP led organization.
- Demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Nigeria health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting.
- Previous experience in technical capacity building of community-based organizations.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and community-based organizations (CBOs) is highly desirable.
- Cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KPs especially female sex workers (FSW), men-who-have-sex-with-men (MSM), people who inject drugs workers (FSW), men-who-have-sex-with-men (MSM), people who inject drugs (PWID), transgender persons and prisoners.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
Application Closing Date
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
: The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.