Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack's mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Product Specialist (French)
: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
About the Technical Product Specialist Role (French)
What you'll be doing
- As a Technical Product Specialist at Paystack, you'll be a member of the Growth team, which means that you'll be part of a team that strives to empower thousands of business owners in Africa with both the knowledge and the courage they need to bring their ideas to life.
- We're looking for developer-entrepreneurs and technical business owners - who're fluent in BOTH English and French - to join the Growth team at Paystack as Technical Product Specialists.
- Every day, hundreds of developers log into Paystack. Whether they're building a mobile app, finishing a new WordPress plugin, or looking to add digital payments to a massive enterprise solution, they all share a common goal - using Paystack's API to solve business problems.
- Developers are one of the most important groups in Paystack's community of partners, and as the Technical Product Specialist, you'll own our developer relations and give Paystack developers the superpowers they need to build amazing products.
- We're looking for a new teammate who loves both code and commerce. You enjoy listening closely to business owners to understand their needs, and then working with software engineers to meet ambitious goals with Paystack's powerful product suite.
- As a Technical Product Specialist, no two days are the same. One moment you'll be providing technical support to a tiny startup, the next moment, you'll be advising some of Africa's largest businesses about how to harness the power of the Paystack product suite to accelerate their revenue, and the moment after that, you might be in a brainstorm session with one of Paystack's four product teams as they plan for the next sprint.
- You'll work with every team at Paystack, and serve as an important link between departments to ensure that all parts of the company are working in sync to provide the best possible experience for merchants and their customers. You'll have visibility into what’s happening across the entire company, so you’ll need to be a sharp, articulate problem-solver capable of the significant responsibilities entrusted to you.
- And you’ll do all this while working closely with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career.
- This is a full-time role. Candidates based in Nigeria will work out of company headquarters in Ikeja GRA, while team members outside Nigeria will have the opportunity to work remotely.
What it takes to succeed in the role
- Manage end to end integration guidance for technical teams of various skill levels - from beginner coders to enterprise development teams
- Pair with Product Specialists to act as the the relationship management team for Paystack's most critical partner relationships, including Key Merchants. You'll serve as a technical strategist, helping key accounts understand how to use Paystack's powerful product suite to meet their business goals.
- Respond to inbound technical support requests from both Key Accounts and general customer base via our support channels, including email, Slack, phone, and walk-ins
- Update the Paystack Developer Documentation to ensure that the information remains accurate as the product and company policy evolves, and translate it into French
- Scope, build, and maintain custom applications for internal use or for partners
- Aid the Product and Engineering teams in building products for Francophone Africa
- Develop and maintain plugins that allow merchants to integrate with Paystack in seconds, and also manage relationships with third party plugin developers to ensure their plugins are always up to date
- Act as a developer advocate and community organizer for our developer community. This will include representing Paystack at developer events, organizing trainings, and more
- Partner with the Sales team to provide technical insight during discussions with prospects
- Work with the media and marketing team to create customer education content in the form of blog posts, webinars, podcasts, and more
- Provide data for the relationship management and sales teams
- Join one of Paystack's product teams to provide insight and context as products are being scoped and developed. You'll serve as a strong advocate for the customer and provide the merchant perspective as product strategy is discussed
- You have a decent understanding of technical concepts such as data structures, REST API, cookies, SQL queries, and recursion
- You can communicate simply and clearly in speech and in writing - in English - with both technical and non-technical audiences
- You enjoy learning about new business models and genuinely enjoy discussing the operational aspects of a project. You have strong empathy for business owners
- You're a product thinker, and are constantly looking out for the ways in which companies in different industries use technology to solve problems
- You're a positive, naturally optimistic team player who values learning and personal development
- You're able to remain patient and calm under even the most high-pressure situations, such as when dealing with difficult customers
- You have strong interest in developer advocacy and community engagement, and you derive a lot of joy from teaching and sharing knowledge. You love being an amplifier and a catalyst for other people
While this isn't a requirement, it'd be a plus if you:
- Are a resident of - or have lived or worked in - a West African Francophone country
- Have experience with native iOS and Android development
- Have experience developing extensions for Magento and Magento 2
- Have experience building or maintaining plugins and libraries
- Have previously worked at fast-growing internet startups
- Have experience working with payments systems in Africa
- Have previous experience in customer-facing roles
- Are a current or former business owner yourself
Application Closing Date
- Competitive salary
- Housing assistance
- Full medical coverage
- MacBook Pro
- Gym membership
- Free lunch
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Instructions - Read carefully!
- To apply, click the "Apply for this job" button
- Complete all the required questions
- After you submit this application form, you'll receive an email with a link to an online aptitude test.
- Please complete the aptitude test as soon as possible. Your application will not be considered complete until the aptitude test is submitted.
- Questions? Please contact Ik Obi at [email protected]