Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We hereby invite applications from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Gender Officer
Position Reports To: Gender Manager
- The TMEC/RISE program is a newly-awarded 5-year, USAID-funded global HIV program that supports countries to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control through provision of strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming.
- In Nigeria, TMEC/RISE comprising of Jhpiego, ICAP at Columbia University, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City and others will support the Government of Nigeria to address barriers in HIV services among at-risk adult men, women and priority populations and to build capacity of local Implementing partners, continuously leveraging data to successfully course correct and achieve and maintain epidemic control.
- This project aims to achieve and maintain the primary prevention and 95 - 95 - 95 goals that are critical to HIV epidemic control in Nigeria.
- The program will also support PEPFAR’s transition of HIV service delivery to local partners, advancing progress along the journey to self-reliance.
- The Gender Officer will work closely with the Program Team who will guide the work, provide feedback and supervision and to strengthen health systems.
Application Closing Date
- Master's degree in Social Sciences or related field or Bachelor's degree in combination with 4 years of qualifying experience will be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Minimum of 3 years with Master's degree of relevant experience is required.
- Prior experience working in the field of gender related projects with additional understanding of a crisis/conflict prevention and recovery approach.
- Experience in working with high level counterparts and engaging with senior Government officials.
- Previous work experience working in an iNGO / USAID funded projects is considered as advantage.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to deal with project implementation;
- Strong understanding of inclusion and mainstreaming issues and approaches;
- Sound and proven management skills and ability to work inclusively and collaboratively. Practical knowledge and experience in operational and programme approaches;
- Good strategic and analytical thinking and ability to interpret public health and epidemiological data
- Familiarity with USAID regulations is desired.
4:00pm; 15th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application Letter and CV as One Single Word document indicating Location to: [email protected]
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position / Location you are applying for.
- Please indicate Location in your application and email title.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Nigerian nationals living in this location are strongly encouraged to apply
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org