Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We hereby invite applications from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the vacant position below:
Job Title: IT Officer
: Abuja, Akwa-Ibom, Crossriver, Niger and Adamawa
Position Reports To: Director of Finance and Operations
- The TMEC/RISE program is a newly-awarded 5-year, USAID-funded global HIV program that supports countries to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control through provision of strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming.
- In Nigeria, TMEC/RISE comprising of Jhpiego, ICAP at Columbia University, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City and others will support the Government of Nigeria to address barriers in HIV services among at-risk adult men, women and priority populations and to build capacity of local Implementing partners, continuously leveraging data to successfully course correct and achieve and maintain epidemic control.
- This project aims to achieve and maintain the primary prevention and 95 - 95 - 95 goals that are critical to HIV epidemic control in Nigeria.
- The program will also support PEPFAR’s transition of HIV service delivery to local partners, advancing progress along the journey to self-reliance.
- The IT Officer will support the state offices on all operational IT related duties such as networking, maintenance and database Administration.
- He/she will troubleshoot and ensure that IT services are working optimally to support all staffs routine work.
- He/she will support in building capacity of staff on basic IT procedures, disseminate and monitor Implementation of agency's IT updates.
- The IT Assistants will liaise with the IT officer for higher level support and communicate IT needs accordingly through the IT officer.
- The IT Assistants will manage servers and keep inventory of IT related equipment such as laptops.
- He/She will update IT Library (Hardware, Software and Configuration of system’s documentations).
- He/she will monitor the external services provided by Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and ensure compliance with contractual terms conditions.
Application Closing Date
- HND or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management, Engineering related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated IT development and IT Implementation or Enterprise systems administration experience
- Knowledge of Networking design and implementation.
- Installation and configuration and maintenance of Radio and VSAT equipment and servers.
- Has experience in developing and/or implementing backup systems for organizations
- Experience in managing cloud-based systems
- Experience in maintenance and repair of computer systems and servers.
- Experience in planning and expansion of network.
- Experience in database system design, testing, and trouble shooting
- Computers skills including use of spreadsheets and automated financial management and reporting software.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate financial findings and analyses.
4:00pm; 15th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application Letter and CV as One Single Word document indicating Location to: [email protected]
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position / Location you are applying for.
- Please indicate Location in your application and email title.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Nigerian nationals living in those locations are strongly encouraged to apply
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org