Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We hereby invite applications from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Health Informatics Officer
Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Niger and Adamawa State
Position Reports To: State Team Lead
- The Health Informatics Officer is responsible for managing DHIS2 for the program. S/he will manage the various modules like dashboards, forms and reports as well as providing technical support for other jhpiego Project users of the DHIS2 and its partners at the national and state levels.
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Social Science, Medical Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or a related field. A postgraduate degree is desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years documented practical DHIS2 implementation experience
- Experience implementing DHIS2 Tracker
- Experience with DHIS2 Mobile Applications.
- Experience developing, upgrading and repairing DHIS 2 modules.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in collecting and/or managing public health data on a national level
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation practices.
- Minimum 013 years experience working in managing data for malaria programs in Nigeria
- Familiarity with USAID reporting systems highly desirable, particularly for malaria control
- Documented experience in training, facilitation and coordination
- Excellent organizational skills, great attention to detail
- Ability to write reports and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
- Excellent communications skills, including writing and oral presentation skills.
- Must be hard working and skilled in taking on multiple task at the same time while marinating the highest quality achievable;
- Good analytical, presentation and reporting skills
- Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team building skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills and proficiency in using various software and spreadsheets (e.g. Microsoft Office Excel software) and the ability to adapt to and learn new software and other on premise or cloud-based systems and electronic processes.
15th August, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letter and CV as a One Single Word document indicating location to: [email protected]
The title/subject of your email and application should be the position / Location you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- Nigerian nationals living in those locations are strongly encouraged to apply