Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client is an indigenous Oil exploration and production company with a focus on West Africa and the Gulf of Guinea as its core production areas. They are also in joint venture partnerships with some indigenous Oil and Gas Partnerships.
Due to internal expansion; they are looking the services of:
Job Title: Head Legal/Company Secretary
- The successful candidate will be providing fully compliant, efficient and effective company secretarial advice and support to all relevant Nigerian Boards and other Board Committees.
- Prepare, maintain and securely file all Registers including Members, Directors, Shareholders/Shareholdings, Charges and Debenture Holders; Minutes of all Board Meetings and any other Company Statutory records required.
- Punctual and compliant submission of all annual returns to CAC and NEPZA (through SIMCO FZE).
- Prepare Board minute extracts and formal resolutions.
- Advice on correspondence as may be requested by the authorised representatives or the Board.
- Review Audited Financial Statements (AFS) for regulatory compliance and by the Board's order signing the AFS.
- Ensure compliant procedures and filing of statutory returns to CAC and NEAR, especially appointment and removal of Directors.
- Facilitate the acquisition of required information for Board and Committee members to maximize their ability to contribute to discussions at Board meetings.
- Assist in the compilation of Board papers and to filter them to ensure compliance with the required standards of good governance.
- After due consultation, prepare detailed agenda for every meeting and when necessary raise matters which may warrant the urgent attention of the Board.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements and that due regard is paid to the specific business interests of the company.
- Assist in the implementation of corporate strategies by ensuring that the Board's decisions and instructions are properly communicated and executed.
- Manage Share Holder relationships under direction from and on behalf of the Board.
- Regularly update the Companies' Corporate details and alert the Board as may be required.
- Convene Board meeting as directed and AGM as required by Law.
- Regular update of CoSec Manual.
Governance and Risk:
Education and Qualification
- Maintain, update and communicate the Corporate Governance Manual.
- Ensure latest awareness and application of best practice Governance in Nigeria.
- Act as a Company Secretary to key internal meetings, as requested by the JEC.
- Facilitate the process and application of the framework for the Risk Management function.
- Prepare and maintain up to date Corporate and Head office Risk and Mitigation Registers.
- Support the GCFO to champion with the effective application of ERM across the business and selected JVs.
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or related field
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Company Secretaries or equivalent from other jurisdictions.
- Legal or other relevant corporate qualifications.
- Direct experience of 10 years or more as a Co Sec in comparable circumstances.
- Experience in compliance matters, legal due diligence, corporate management, corporate structuring, drafting agreements and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Provision of legal advice and service to the management and all other arms of the business.
- Candidate will also need to possess the following –
- A good understanding of the oil and gas industry
- A good understanding of Nigerian immigration laws/practice
- Great communication and writing skills
15th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected]
with the title of the role as the subject of the mail. The body of the mail should outline Total years of relevant experience to the role, Location and Age.
- Please read Role necessities very carefully and apply if qualified. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- If after 2 weeks of application you do not hear from us, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.