Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria m 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant
Job Ref Code: PGA80119
Department: Programs/Water for Agriculture
Supervisor: Deputy Chief of Party
Job Summary / Background
- The Program Assistant will be required to work within a multi-sectoral setting including infrastructure, agriculture, livelihoods, community engagement and governance.
- The post holder will deliver effective, highly competent project support and consistently deliver in a person-centered environment which promotes positive relationships. S/he will liaise with the NE (Damaturu, Maiduguri and Yola offices) operations teams to ensure quality support for the USAID-funded Water for Agriculture (WFA) project.
General Administrative Duties:
- Liaise with administration support staff to provide updates on anticipated administrative needs.
- Provide general administrative support to the operation of project activities.
- Organize proper storage and issuance of stock, maintain stock reports and monitor usage.
- Organize transport and distribution of project materials to project sites.
- Maintain files and support the dissemination of project information among the project team.
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary project planning, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Support program staff with request for advances and cash disbursements
Support Project and CRS-wide meetings, trainings and activities:
- Schedule and coordinate internal and external meetings, including invitations, meeting space, logistics, provision of materials and refreshments.
- Support in drafting meeting notes and record all proceedings and share with meeting participants.
- Filing (electronic and hard) project documents, meeting minutes and technical documents.
- Maintain inventory of all project partner’s contact information.
- Maintain project assets inventory register in collaboration with the grant unit
- Liaise with the IT department on hardware and software issues to ensure functionality to meet ongoing and ad hoc needs
- Support the establishment and function of project resource center and project information management
Logistics and itineraries:
Background, Experience & Requirements
- Ensure logistical support to staff/visitors including liaising with operations on itineraries
- Make appointments according to schedules developed by department members
- Be the primary point of contact for visitors’ administrative needs
- Communicating material and cash needs to Finance and/or Administration in a timely manner.
- Coordinate staff movements including leave, field trips and all required logistics using the movement and leave tracker.
- Assist with correspondence, letters, and invitations. Act as liaison between programs staff and dispatcher.
- Serves as the interface between technical team and the operations unit.
- Minimum of a university degree.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in program support
- Experience working with local or international NGO a plus
- Interest in development issues
- Strong computer skills required, especially the ability to work comfortably in the MS office package
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in team environment
- Demonstrated ability to assess priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality;
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills
- Ability to work and manage various projects in a team setting, with limited supervision
- Fluency in English, Hausa
- Ability to work well with people at all levels.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation required, with a commitment to teamwork and effectiveness within a dynamic integrated project.
- Passion to reach the most vulnerable groups
- Ability and willingness to travel to project locations
- Travel Required 60% to field locations in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa
Key Working Relationships:
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
- Internal: MEL Specialist, Deputy Chief of Party, Senior Agronomist, Chief of Party
- External: Government ministries departments and agencies, local and international NGOs, coordination platforms and working groups, community leaders
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
Application Closing Date
- Strategic Mindset
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Builds Relationships
- Accountability & Stewardship
5pm, 14th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "CRS Application Form" using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating the position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application (e.g. Program Assistant - Yola-PGA80119,) to: [email protected]
Click here to Download Application Form
Click here for More Information (.doc)
- “CRS is an equal -opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
- Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position. CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.