Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria m 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEAL Assistant
Job Ref Code: MLT80119
Department: Programs/Water for Agriculture
Reports To: MEAL Specialist
Job Summary / Background
- The MEAL Assistant will work with the MEAL officer and implementing partners to provide strategic guidance to Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) on the USAID-funded Water for Agriculture (WFA) project
- S/he will support MEAL activities across all sectors including periodic assessments / surveys and routine gathering of project implementation information collection;
- S/he will implement efficient systems for accountability to beneficiaries, donors and other stakeholders;
- S/he will collate and archive project documentation; and foster cross-learning among projects.
Background, Experience & Requirements
- Support the development and regular updating of WFA MEAL tools, approaches, frameworks and databases.
- Support the MEL Specialist to monitor WFA implementation progress on a regular basis against CRS quality standards and international humanitarian principles through monitoring visits, data quality audits, spot check against reports and review of implementation reports.
- Support implementing partners in collection and analysis of data (method, formats, software, etc.), indicator measurement, feedback and complaint mechanisms, negative impact analysis, etc.
- Provide technical support to WFA partner staff on the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities, data management and integration of cross-functional issues.
- Support project wide assessments and surveys including baseline and other evaluative surveys. This might entail leading recruitment, orientation, deployment and management of external consultants.
- Support learning and knowledge management within the WFA project and ensure such best practice is communicated across CRS Nigeria.
- Ensure robust and participatory beneficiary accountability and feedback mechanisms are established, used and reported against.
Application Closing Date
- Understanding of MEAL standards used by major donors including USAID,
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Sciences, Monitoring and Evaluation or relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a MEAL role on a development or humanitarian project
- Demonstrated experience in planning and delivering effective trainings.
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Hausa is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of CRS MEAL standards and policies.
- Prior experience in a similar position in the Northeast Region of Nigeria.
- Ability to work to meet deadlines in multiple tasking environments
- Excellent organization, planning and analytical skills; detail oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated strength in relationship management.
5pm, 14th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "CRS Application Form" using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating the position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application (e.g. Program Assistant - Borno, PAB181018) to: [email protected]
Click here to Download Application Form
Click here for More Information (.Docx)
- “CRS is an equal -opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.