Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria m 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance/Grants Assistant
Job Ref Code: FGA80119
Supervisor: Head of Office
Job Summary / Background
- The Finance/Grants Assistant will efficiently provide comprehensive information, clerical, and accounting services to assist the Finance Department in executing processes and delivering service needs that support high-quality implementation of the USAID-funded Water for Agriculture project.
- S/he will deliver quality support, applying clearly defined accounting and financial reporting processes, procedures and service standards.
- S/he will manage project subrecipients and ensure that their financial management processes comply with donor and CRS requirements.
Background, Experience & Requirements
- Complete standard financial documents (vouchers, wire transfer requests, checks, etc.) following a sample template with prescribed guidelines and circulate as needed.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to financial transactions processing. Prepare, type, photocopy, and scan related documentation. File accounting and financial reporting documentation as instructed.
- Compile supporting documentation (liquidation/receipt package) to support processing of financial transactions. Communicate with staff, sub recipients, partners, suppliers to follow up on required documents.
- Perform data entry for financial transactions recording, following validation by the next-level Finance staff.
- Keep custody of various documents (e.g. blank/undelivered checks, fuel coupons, etc.).
- Collating, follow-up and sending of monthly staff timesheet to Maiduguri
- Conducting compliance assessment visits to subrecipient partner offices
- Processing and vetting of partner liquidations
- HND / BSc in Accounting.
- Professional qualifications in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration a plus.
- Understanding of donor requirements for institutional donors – DFID, USAID, EU, ECHO etc.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in a similar role with some familiarity of standard accounting practices. Experience with an international organization a plus.
- Experience using MS Office packages including Excel and Word. Hands-on experience with data entry into online databases and forms.
- Travel Required 30% to field locations in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa
Key Working Relationships:
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
- Internal: Grants Specialist, Deputy Head of Finance and Grants NE, Head of Office - Yobe
- External: Government ministries departments and agencies, local and international NGOs, coordination platforms and working groups, community leaders
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
Application Closing Date
- Strategic Mindset
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Builds Relationships
- Accountability & Stewardship
5pm, 14th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "CRS Application Form" using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating the position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application (e.g. Program Assistant - Yobe-FGA80119,) to: [email protected]
Click here to Download Application Form
Click here for More Information (.doc)
- “CRS is an equal -opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
- Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position. CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.