Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria m 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Job Ref Code: PTR80119
: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports To: Procurement Manager
- You will coordinate local procurement activities and processes to acquire goods and services in support of the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable.
- Your knowledge and experience will allow you to successfully coordinate the quality and efficiency of procurement and purchasing activities and ensure stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Qualifications and Skills
- Coordinate fully compliant procurement systems and operating procedures. Assess effectiveness and efficiency and recommend improvements. Contribute to ensuring compliance with CRS procurement principles, standards, and policies, donor regulations, and local statutory requirements.
- Coordinate with various departments to develop and maintain an up-to-date procurement plan with all quantities, quality and delivery requirements for goods and services. Provide pricing information to assist budget holders with budget preparation.
- Coordinate the sourcing process and perform various activities to assist with ensuring the best value for money: market research, cost estimates, solicitation documents, bidding process facilitation, supplier identification and research, quality and availability of goods assessment, negotiation, contract/purchase order and another documents preparation.
- Communicate with other procurement staff and various program and operations units to coordinate and track goods/services delivery and receipt and keep everyone informed of the status. Collect information to confirm that goods/services delivered are what have been ordered in the correct quantities and quality, they arrive on schedule and at the right cost.
- Maintain correspondence and constant contact with suppliers to follow up on the execution of contractual terms and conditions, and handle issues if needed. Monitor and report on supplier performance, noting current and/or potential issues and/or inefficiencies and assist with contract/purchase order modifications.
- Accountable for transparency within the procurement department through ensuring a complete, accurate and up-to-date document trail of all procurement processes, vendor files, procurement and inventory database to assist with control and accountability. Prepare reports and facilitate document retrieval.
- Pro-actively consult with Program Managers (PMs), Emergency Coordinator (EC), and Northeast Head of Operations (NE HoOps) to identify the types of vendors needed based for the current portfolio of program plans
- Manage the e-voucher vendor selection and engagement processes, ensuring all relevant guidance and regulations are adhered to, including CRS Policy, the CRS Procurement Manual and relevant donor requirements
- In collaboration with relevant Program and Operations teams, support preparation of e-voucher vendor contracts, amendments, MOUs, and other procurement documentation, ensuring all documents are complete and reviewed prior to forwarding for approval
- Communicate effectively with e-voucher vendors throughout the selection and engagement process, including documentation requirements, deadlines, training and meeting schedules, program and contractual expectations, and any other communications as necessary
- Train and educate e-voucher vendors on processes, guidelines, duties and fraud reporting and feedback mechanisms
- Proactively consult with peer agencies and private sector to identify new potential e-voucher vendors as necessary
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or other relevant degree. Professional certification a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in procurement/purchasing management, logistics, administration, preferably with an international organization.
- Good knowledge of various donor procurement regulations (e.g. USAID, EU, UN)
- Knowledge of international and national procurement regulations and local market conditions.
- Knowledge of contract terms, as well as a proven ability to successfully complete purchase orders against specifications.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience with database management systems (e.g. MS Access) highly desirable.
- Good planning and coordination skills and ability to prioritize competing priorities effectively
- Good analytical skills with ability to make independent judgment and decisions
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented with focus on meeting customer needs
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
Desired Foreign Language:
- 60% to field locations for all programs in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Procurement Manager, Program Manager, Finance Specialist, Finance Officers, Administration Staff, Program staff, IT Staff, All Staff
- External: Consultants, Vendors, Partners etc.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
Application Closing Date
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results:
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
5:00pm; 14th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "CRS Application Form" using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating the position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application (e.g. Procurement Officer - Maiduguri -PTR80119) to: [email protected]
Click here to Download Application Form (docx)
Click here for More Information (docx)
- “CRS is an equal - opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
- ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.